• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets and MobileSheetsPro v2.1.6 Released
MobileSheets and MobileSheetsPro v2.1.6 have been released. One of the first things you may have noticed is that the application icon has changed. The new icon is now in use on all app versions, the companion app, the website and the manuals. In addition to updating the icon to have a more modern look, I also added proper support for round icons on devices running Android 8.0. In addition to the icon changes, there is also a large list of bug fixes, a new behavior for the metronome LEDs and a new scroll behavior for scrolling an entire song in a fixed amount of time. The full list of changes can be found below:

Changes made to both versions (Android & Windows 10):
  • The metronome LEDs behavior has been changed to loop back to the first beat without clearing all the LEDs first
  • Added new option to scroll songs in a fixed total duration. Useful for synchronizing scroll timing on multiple devices.
  • Fixed bug where taps to turn pages were still allowed in performance mode even when the taps were disabled in the touch settings
  • Fixed bug with using the snippet dialog with a song containing multiple PDFs
  • Using the MIDI listen dialog to create a command will no longer create a batch command for a single message
  • The PDF library specified by the render preference is now honored for all PDF related activities
  • Fixed bug with a database table entry not being correctly deleted after deleting a song
  • Fixed bug with using certain search strings in the batch import file filter field
  • Fixed bug with looping songs using a pedal where looping wouldn't occur in the two page or vertical scrolling display mode
  • Switched to a more modern looking icon
Changes made to MobileSheetsPro on Android:
  • Fixed bug when restoring a library backup that points to an external SD card. Permission to access the SD card is now displayed if needed.
  • Fixed crashes loading certain PDFs
  • The last received Genos file is now cleared after sending a patch select command
  • Fixed bug where the navigation bar wouldn't be correctly hidden after bringing up certain dialogs
Changes made to MobileSheets on Windows 10:
  • Fixed bug with the audio player not correctly displaying the current play time
  • Fixed bug with the audio player stopping when switching between MobileSheets and other applications
  • Fixed bug with using files with very long names. The subdirectory that is created will use a shortened name if necessary.
  • Fixed bug with panning with a finger in the annotations editor while stylus mode is active
  • Fixed bug with copying and pasting into certain textboxes such as the page order field
  • The metronome will now scale down if necessary to fit on the screen
Mike
Hello Mike,
There are still some old icons around.The attached screenshot (taken from Google Chrome on Android 4.4) shows the old blue icon on the forum page. The tab of zubersoft.com website even shows the historic green icon, the tab of the forum has no icon at all. The icons on the tabs are probably the "favicons" of the sites. Round icons are maybe not possible here, I suppose heise.de would have a round favicon if it were possible.
The tab of mobilesheets.com in Firefox on the desktop shows the old blue icon.
Btw: I liked the old icon better, but that's your decision.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

That's probably browser caching. Hit ctrl + f5 in  Chrome to reload the latest resources. I'll look into the tab icon. I haven't done work yet to make the new icon blend better on the website. I'm going to be changing some background colors to make it fit better. 

I understand some people will like the old icon better,  but i think the new icon looks better on my tablets and phone. I also didn't have a vector graphics file for the old icon so it looked bad at various icon sizes. This was very apparent with the windows 10 version icon. It also looked very out of place on the app store when compared to other app icons.  I got complaints from people that hated the old icon so I guess you can't always win. 

Mike