• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newest Upgrade Crashing
I have Windows XP Prof SP3 and the previous Companion worked fine. When the newest 2.6.9 (I think) installed it crashes. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing several times but no luck. My husband has Windows 10 and his came in and works fine. Anyone else having this problem with XP? Or might it be something else?  thanks, Sue
====================
Sue Robishaw -- U.P. MI
====================
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9
(04-25-2018, 01:02 AM)SueR Wrote: I have Windows XP Prof SP3 and the previous Companion worked fine. When the newest 2.6.9 (I think) installed it crashes. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing several times but no luck. My husband has Windows 10 and his came in and works fine. Anyone else having this problem with XP? Or might it be something else?  thanks, Sue

same system, same problem, unfortunately i can't find a download link for version 2.6.8. (if you remove 2.6.9 and reinstall an older Version, it will work...)
Wolfgang
I think this is due to my use of a high resolution icon. I added 256x256 and 512x512 variants of the icon for the companion app, but XP is so old that it can't handle the icon. I guess I'll have to get rid of the higher resolution variants of the icon for the XP users. You can download 2.6.8 here:  

www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/archive/2.6.8/MobileSheetsProCompanion.exe
What a weird quirk. Thanks so much for getting back so quickly, Mike. The old one is back and working. I'll just take care not to install the newer upgrades. Guess it's time to quit dragging my feed and upgrade my computer.   Sue
====================
Sue Robishaw -- U.P. MI
====================
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9
I just pushed out a new companion version that fixes the icon issue. If you download the installer from www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/companion.html, you should be able to run it again.

Mike