• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Importing duplicate files no matter the import settings
If you import a file once, then import the identical file again, you need to make sure you have the identical file behavior set to "Ignore duplicate files" so that you don't get a new duplicate song in the library. If you import a new version of a file, you don't want to select "Create new song from existing file" as that would create a new song (as it states) using the file already on the tablet. You want to pick the option to "Update Existing Song using New File" or use the swap file feature as suggested by Geoff. 

The whole concept behind how songs and files are managed in MobileSheetsPro seems to confuse a lot of people, so I'm going to be making some changes at some point to address this. It seems that supporting a model where the user can import the same PDF multiple times to create separate songs is at the heart of it. There are instances where users may want to do this, but I think I need to take it out of the normal import process, because it's too confusing for people in general. For people that want to do this, they will have to copy the song, use the snippet feature, or use CSV/PDF bookmarks. If I instead just assume most users want to update an existing song when they import a file whose name matches an existing file name in the library, this will probably help. I also probably need to expand the code that looks for matching files. If an exact match isn't found using path, but there is a file with the same name, I probably need to ask the user if that is what they are actually trying to update (in case the user has changed the storage settings or if they have the same file in multiple different directories). As part of all this, I will remove the duplicate file behavior setting and always ignore duplicate files.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Importing duplicate files no matter the import settings - by Zubersoft - 05-05-2018, 10:01 AM