• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The restore has failed to complete"
Hello,

I backed up my android onto a Windows 10 PC using MobileSheets Companion, and then attempted to load the backed up data into my Windows 10 instance of MSP. I got this message:https://www.dropbox.com/s/lu4j6qvescs3qe...9.png?dl=0

I can see the titles in the song list, but for approximately 10% of the songs imported, clicking on the songs shows that the underlying file is missing.

Any ideas how I can make this work properly?

Thanks...
If the restore fails even when you put the .msb on the tablet itself and restore it from there, then I may need to look at that backup file. You can send a link to mike@zubersoft.com (by sharing through Dropbox) if you would like me to investigate. Otherwise it's very hard for me to say why the restore may be failing.

Mike
Hi! I tried to change from Android to Windows 10 Mobilesheets. And got troubels with restore backup from Android MobileSheets. Actually all songs came to Windows 10, but Setlist doesn't work. Program close when I trying to opne setlist.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-03-2018, 01:12 AM)Zuberman Wrote: If the restore fails even when you put the .msb on the tablet itself and restore it from there, then I may need to look at that backup file. You can send a link to mike@zubersoft.com (by sharing through Dropbox) if you would like me to investigate. Otherwise it's very hard for me to say why the restore may be failing.

Mike

I emailed the Dropbox link to you.

Karl
lunaka,

If you want to send me the backup file, I can look into why it didn't work correctly when restoring in the Windows 10 version.

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks Karl - I'll see what I can find.
(05-05-2018, 02:59 PM)Zuberman Wrote: lunaka,

If you want to send me the backup file, I can look into why it didn't work correctly when restoring in the Windows 10 version.

Thanks,
Mike

But backup file mine is 2,3 Gb. I have worked with MobileSheets  many years.  I worked on Android. The problem arose when I could not save backup on USB direkt. I should save to Android first bu t after that copy to USB. Now I havnt place to do this. Therefoe should I change to Windows
You can backup Android again in my way ,I'm not familiar with your backup method .
If anyone else is encountering problems restoring an Android backup in Windows 10, feel free to send me a link to a backup and I should be able to fix it for you. I have made the Windows 10 restore code more resilient against invalid paths from Android, so after the next update (v2.1.9), you should be able to restore the Android backup files without errors.

Mike
(05-05-2018, 02:59 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Thanks Karl - I'll see what I can find.

Any word on debugging what is going wrong on import? I'm needing to use my Windows 10 device ...

Thanks!

Karl
Karl,

Did you not get the email I sent you 3 days ago? It contains a library backup that fixes all of the problems I found in the backup you provided me. 

Mike