• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tablets disconnecting every minute or so
I have tried multiple networks and different tablets.

My tablets disconnect from my Companion app every minute or so. It always happens when I try to execute a change to a file (i.e., changing the tempo of a song via EDIT SONG within the companion app).  

It won't just disconnect if nothing is happening...it always disconnects right after I select "OK" when the EDIT SONG dialogue window is open.

I am using VMware Fusion to run Windows 10 on my mac. I have tried turning off the Firewall. Changing networks. Going to my work to use that Wifi. No matter what I do, the tablet(s) will not stay connected to my Companion App.

I do very often see an error message on the tablet "“The tablet database does not match the PC. Rolling back changes and disconnecting. Reconnect and try making the changes again.”

I don't see that message every time, but a lot of the times I see it.
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.
I have tried making the same exact changes using dallaskruse's library, and no matter what I do, I can't reproduce any errors. For me, it's solid every time. So I can only assume it has something to do with either his mac or his device. Is anyone else encountering an error like this?

Mike
I had this error on all my Insignia tablets (running Android).

I wonder if it has something to do with the fact I'm running Windows on VMWare Fusion?
I come across this dropped-connection problem quite a lot these days - more so than I used to.   I have the Companion app on a PC (Windows 7) and MSP on an Acer tablet (Android).  It seems to happen particularly when I transfer a file to the tablet when it is to replace an existing file with the same name: it seems that if I delete the existing file first before transferring the new version, it is less likely to drop the connection.

I've not been able to work out the cause or location of the snag: it's not really one of life's more troubling issues, but more a 'throw-the-damn-thing-through-the-window' sort of vexation.
I too have experienced issues with lost connections when transferring files via wifi.
I have put it down to the fact that, at the time, you are actively trying to use the network as opposed to it just noticing that the network has disappeared on a periodic poll.

I don't see how anything coded in MSP could cause this issue although it could perhaps minimize the impact if it retried failed operations (perhaps it does?)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Whenever I'm editing a song (entering text into a field), I'll get disconnected every minute or so.  I'm not copying files to my tablet nor to my VMWare.  I'm just editing the songs' metadata.

I'll get through about 2 or 3 songs and it'll just lose connection still.  Anyone have this issue still?