• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connect companion when tablet is Windows 10 "2-in-1"?
I have a brand-new Lenovo Flex 5-1570 Windows  10/64 laptop/2-in-1.
MobileSheets Pro is installed and running.

The MobileSheets Companion doesn't seem to be able to connect with the "tablet", whether running on the laptop/tablet or running on a different PC on the same LAN.

A popup message says be sure ports 8888, 16568 and 16569 are open, but I don't understand what would be the controllers for those ports when operating on the same machine or from an independent machine on the same non-routed network (192.168.0.x)

A quick search of the forums here doesn't seem to discover this as a prior issue.

TIA.
Dave
Thoughts:

Have you used the "Sync to PC" on the tablet? (press the three dots at right of top menu bar)

In the Companion, if it doesn't now show the connect screen, try a manual connect (type the IP address shown on the tablet screen)

If that doesn't work, open a Cmd box on the PC and ping the address shown on the tablet (it must still be in "sync to pc" mode) e.g. ping 192.168.1.230 (you probably have different last 3 digits); if the ping doesn't detect the tablet then you have a network issue (nothing to do with MSP) and you will need to fix that before you can use MSP (the tablet needs to be "known" to your router)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(05-05-2018, 10:01 PM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: Thoughts:

Have you used the "Sync to PC" on the tablet? (press the three dots at right of top menu bar)

In the Companion, if it doesn't now show the connect screen, try a manual connect (type the IP address shown on the tablet screen)

If that doesn't work, open a Cmd box on the PC and ping the address shown on the tablet (it must still be in "sync to pc" mode) e.g. ping 192.168.1.230 (you probably have different last 3 digits); if the ping doesn't detect the tablet then you have a network issue (nothing to do with MSP) and you will need to fix that before you can use MSP (the tablet needs to be "known" to your router)

Geoff

Somewhat brain-dead here, Geoff!
When I run MSP companion on a separate PC and then Sync to PC on the tablet PC, it works fine!

I was trying to run the companion on the same PC as the tablet!
THANKS.
Glad you are sorted

If the tablet is the same as the pc then you can probably just browse for the songs using the MSP Import function

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6