• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
forward click sheet music repeat function
When I repeat a multipage piece of music I desperately need an option for a simple forward click on my foot pedal to repeat. We all repeat songs with numerous verses and having a forward click option would prevent having to take those extra seconds paging back to page one. Since that option is not avaiable to me I can only use my tablet for gigs when I play alone.
You mean go back to the beginning? There are a couple of ways of doing this.

I use the bluetooth pedal set up to allow multiple fast clicks. Then I just hold my left (back) pedal down to get back to the beginning. It goes pretty quick.

I think the way Mike intended users to insert link markers that will take you back to the page you want. For a couple of reasons, I prefer my way.

By just to show how responsive Mike is, I explained to him this is how I quickly get to a page that is far away (either first or last or near the first or last) and that I was getting the beginning of song prompt stuck there (because I was effectively pushing the pedal numerous repeated times).

So, Mike fixed it so the "beginning of song" (or end of song) does not do that anymore. That works perfectly now.
(08-12-2013, 10:03 PM)jeffn1 Wrote: You mean go back to the beginning? There are a couple of ways of doing this.

I use the bluetooth pedal set up to allow multiple fast clicks. Then I just hold me left (back) pedal down to get back to the beginning. It goes pretty quick.

I think the way Mike intended users to insert link markers that will take you back to the page you want. For a couple of reasons, I prefer my way.

By just to show how responsive Mike is, I explained to him this is how I quickly get to a page that is far away (either first or last or near the first or last) and that I wasl getting the beginning of song prompt stuck there (because I was effectively pushing the pedal numerous repeated times).

So, Mike fixed it so the "beginning of song" (or end of song) does not do that anymore. That works perfectly now.

I am using a cicada bluetooth pedal and I've disabled the time factor on the app so I can click forward and back as fast as I want but I still have to click it back page by page, I can't just hold it down and have it bounce back to the beginning. Link markers are confusing to me. There might be a repeat just a page or two back that I want to repeat before I go back to the beginning and I want the option to decide on the spot how far back I want to go. If I haven't loaded my whole set list but am just in one song then a forward click to repeat seems like a fairly simple option to have available. I too am glad that the beginning of song marker no longer sticks there. And yes I can click back fairly quickly but it's the difference of 6-8 quick clicks compared to one forward click.
(08-13-2013, 09:35 AM)barbaramidwife Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 10:03 PM)jeffn1 Wrote: You mean go back to the beginning? There are a couple of ways of doing this.

I use the bluetooth pedal set up to allow multiple fast clicks. Then I just hold me left (back) pedal down to get back to the beginning. It goes pretty quick.

By just to show how responsive Mike is, I explained to him this is how I quickly get to a page that is far away (either first or last or near the first or last) and that I wasl getting the beginning of song prompt stuck there (because I was effectively pushing the pedal numerous repeated times).

I am using a cicada bluetooth pedal and I've disabled the time factor on the app so I can click forward and back as fast as I want but I still have to click it back page by page, I can't just hold it down and have it bounce back to the beginning. Link markers are confusing to me. There might be a repeat just a page or two back that I want to repeat before I go back to the beginning and I want the option to decide on the spot how far back I want to go. If I haven't loaded my whole set list but am just in one song then a forward click to repeat seems like a fairly simple option to have available. I too am glad that the beginning of song marker no longer sticks there. And yes I can click back fairly quickly but it's the difference of 6-8 quick clicks compared to one forward click.

Hmmm, I have a Ciceda pedal and if I hold it down it goes through pages quickly (I had to set it Mobile Sheets to allow me to do that).

Is there a setting on the Cicida that has to be set too?

Jeff
I'm trying to insert link markers that will take me back to the beginning but I can't get it to work using my bluetooth cicada pedal. Any suggestions?

I have my cicada set so the third light is the one that flashes. I almost always use the tablet in landscape mode. There are certainly features on the cicada that I don't understand. Maybe I better pull the little manual out.

Hey Jeff! Thank you. I turned on the cicada's repeat function and now I get back to the beginning just by holding down the pedal.Still not as quick as one forward click but MUCH better than having to click back!
Barbara
Disable the pedal debounce feature in the options if you haven't already. This will allow you to get to the beginning very quickly, but it may interfere with normal page turning, so you will have to play around with it.

I'll add a repeat option in v4.0.13. Sorry I haven't got around to it sooner. It shouldn't be too hard to add.

Mike
(08-13-2013, 12:39 PM)barbaramidwife Wrote: I'm trying to insert link markers that will take me back to the beginning but I can't get it to work using my bluetooth cicada pedal. Any suggestions?

I have my cicada set so the third light is the one that flashes. I almost always use the tablet in landscape mode. There are certainly features on the cicada that I don't understand. Maybe I better pull the little manual out.

Hey Jeff! Thank you. I turned on the cicada's repeat function and now I get back to the beginning just by holding down the pedal.Still not as quick as one forward click but MUCH better than having to click back!
Barbara

Good. In my case, I think when I hold down the pedal there is some pause (less than a 1/2 second) then it rapidly goes through pages to the beginning (or the end if I am hitting to right pedal).

Actually, I just bought a BT-105 because I thought I was having a problem with the ciceda freezing (I think when I acciodentally hit both pedals at the same time--now I am taking my left shoe off to try to keep this from happening).

But, I don't know if the BT-105 allows you to do this. I guess I will see when I get it.
I almost bought a BT-105 but am too attached to using alkaline batteries so I never have to think about charging it. Also I like that the cicada presses down. Pedals are very close together -better separation with the BT. I always take my shoes off when I play so I don't inadvertently press the wrong peddle.

I do have the debounce disabled. It might be because I use the tablet in landscape mode that it takes a little longer to page back. I get to the bottom half of the first page and then it's a short pause to the beginning. Still a big improvement since Jeff let me know about the cicada repeat feature. Happy to hear that a forward click repeat option is still in the making.
I haven't done this myself, but could you insert the repeated page again, so you're always moving forward? So if you're on page 3, and you have to go back to page 1, your music pages would be pages 1, 2, 3, 1. I know it's extra work, but it might be more comfortable. Just a thought, not butting in.
(08-14-2013, 09:29 PM)Snuggs Wrote: I haven't done this myself, but could you insert the repeated page again, so you're always moving forward? So if you're on page 3, and you have to go back to page 1, your music pages would be pages 1, 2, 3, 1. I know it's extra work, but it might be more comfortable. Just a thought, not butting in.

I would consider that if I didn't have so many pieces of music. At this point that sounds like a daunting task. I'd rather just use my sheet music. I have confidence that a forward click to repeat is in the works. I just need to be patient.