• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information for beta testing library sync feature
I've released version 2.2.7 of the beta.  There are a few important changes including:

1) Song groups (artist, albums, setlists, collections, etc) are now only merged at the end and only if the "Merge groups" setting is checked. They are no longer included as part of the "Song metadata" setting. This ensures that the song groups maintain the same ordering on each device. Previously, the approach I was using would result in the groups having different orderings, making it seem like there were differences between the client/server when there should have been none.

2) I fixed an issue with setlist song notes where removing a song from a setlist was not removing the setlist song notes. Unfortunately, if setlist notes were previously added for a song, those notes may still be lingering in the database and can create merge conflicts when there are none.

3) Fixed some issues with merging where files that are used for multiple songs resulted in some unnecessary processing.

4) Fixed issue with the same preference file being included in backups multiple times

5) Fixed issue with the status log text not correctly clearing and resuming scrolling

6) Fixed issue for windows 10 where the tab entry count wouldn't update after certain actions (restoring a backup, clearing the library, etc)

Hopefully with the latest version, you can merge multiple times and see no differences. 

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Information for beta testing library sync feature - by Zubersoft - 07-07-2018, 11:36 PM