• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets v4.0.13 and MobileSheets Companion v1.4.8 Released
Hello Everyone,

I have another round of bug fixes with some additional enhancements. I am really hoping that the bluetooth issues will be fixed with the Cicada Pageflip. I have also added the first cut at an Italian translation thanks to a user named Booby. Some additional fixes will be made to the translation as he provides more feedback. Here is the full list of changes:

MobileSheets v4.0.13

- Fixed the \"Avoid Duplicates\" option for batch imports so that it correctly avoids duplicates based solely on file name
- Fixed bug with using Swap PDF where swapping files with different page numbers could cause a crash.
- Removed option to automatically enable/disable bluetooth. Virtual keyboard can be accessed through OS setting if bluetooth pedal is connected.
- Screen is now kept on while viewing the library to ensure all tablet features stay enabled, such as bluetooth (to keep pedals active).
- Added advanced option to disable screen lock (allowing the screen to turn off after the OS timeout period)
- Added Repeat Mode option to allow looping back to the start of a song or setlist (or advance backwards from the start to jump to the end)
- Added Italian translation.
- Added option to disable USB mouse processing

MobileSheetsCompanion v1.4.8

- Added a couple tweaks to the synchronization code to help with connection problems
- Added 'Swap PDF' option to the song right-click menu. Operates just like the tablet swap PDF feature.

Thanks for the great feedback everyone!

Mike
THANK YOU! Looking forward to the next big update!
Where do we find the app? Both Google and SlideMe are showing the earlier version.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
I've noticed (before this update) with the pageflip that sometimes even though I only tap the pedal once (or think I have) that it quickly does 2 page turns even though I have debounce set to 2 seconds.
Update: Hmm, it might be better than it was. It did shut down a couple of times. Not sure what the difference was. How is it supposed to work? Should it stay connected as long as the MS program is on (but shut off if MS is closed)? Or should it still shut down no matter what after 10 minutes?

So far, so good. I closed a song with a lot of pages. Came back between 5-10 minutes later and the (Ciceda) pedal worked. Fingers crossed this resolves this issue.

Thanks, Mike!
Is anyone else experiencing two page turns with one pedal press? I'll try to look into that to see if I can replicate the behavior.
I was obviously too quick off the mark - both Google and SlideMe (which is my preferred source) now have the new versions available.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(08-20-2013, 01:27 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Is anyone else experiencing two page turns with one pedal press? I'll try to look into that to see if I can replicate the behavior.

I should probably be a bit more precise and state that I intended to press the pedal once for one page turn but 2 got registered. Not sure if it is a matter of the pedal itself being too sensitive and registering 2 turns (or a repeat).
srothkin, what pedal are you using? In the Ciceda there are different settings on debouncing. So, maybe check the Ciceda's settings

I have my Ciceda and MS set up to allow repeat page turns. That part works pretty well. I don't regularly get repeat page turns unless I intentionally keep my foot down.

The repeat page turn problem was much more pronounced for me when I used the Billipro pedal (I used it with a laptop PC with Windows XP). I had to get very used to just pushing down my foot and picking it up immediately or else I would get repeat page turns. Even then, with the Billipro I still inadvertantly got repeat page turns (and there was not way to adjust the settings to avoid it, as far as I knew). The Ciceda (and Mobile Sheets) work much better in this respect. Once in a while it happens, but it is usually my fault for holding my foot down too long (and I want the repeat option to quickly return to page 1).

Incidentally, I tried to use the the BT-105 with MS (and Toshiba Excite 13) and I couldn't not seet to get the bluetooth to connect (I tried repeated tiems and did while on the phone with an Airturn rep). So, I am returning it (the Airturn rep was very nice trying to help me)

The Ciceda still seems to turn off too easy if I stop using it for some time (so I have to make sure it turns pages turn before I start each song), but, if I take my left shoe off (to avoid hitting both pedals at the same time) and check it for each song, it seems to be working ok.
(08-20-2013, 02:04 PM)jeffn1 Wrote: srothkin, what pedal are you using? In the Ciceda there are different settings on debouncing. So, maybe check the Ciceda's settings

I'm using the PageFlip Cicada (model PFCICADA-01). The repeat switch is OFF and the mode is the middle one of the 5 (up and down scroll). In mobilesheets debounce is set to 2 seconds.
Hmmm, up and down scroll seems relevant. Instead of doing a full page turn, it scrolls depending upon how long you hold you foot down? Could this be the cause?

(08-20-2013, 08:15 PM)srothkin Wrote:
(08-20-2013, 02:04 PM)jeffn1 Wrote: srothkin, what pedal are you using? In the Ciceda there are different settings on debouncing. So, maybe check the Ciceda's settings

I'm using the PageFlip Cicada (model PFCICADA-01). The repeat switch is OFF and the mode is the middle one of the 5 (up and down scroll). In mobilesheets debounce is set to 2 seconds.
Seems to be somewhat better if I switch to PgUpDn mode (have to do that every time I turn the pedal on since it doesn't remember).

However, if I accidentally hit both pedals at the same time, it flys through a few pages in both directions.

And sometimes (though not always) if I hold my foot down on one pedal it will fly through all the pages instead of moving just one.
Strange!! My tablet shows my version as 4.1.6 which seems later than 4.0.13.

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
This post just got bumped ahead of posts about newer updates.

I thought 4.1.5 was the latest (my tablet is not in front of me), but maybe there was a small update to 4.1.6 after that.