• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Export Collection or List for printing
Question 
Hi !

First thanks for this magic application wich was the perfect tool i was seraching for a long time.
It's a bit expensive for an android app but really worth it !

I tried to search a way to export a collection or a list but without the files, only the titles in a text file.

My purpose is to edit a paper version of the "repertoire" of my band or a list for my other musicians on the gigs . As the repertoire evolve (we throw some songs away and integrate new ones periodically.

The hard way is to export the database in a .db file and then read it with a database editor but is there an easy way with Mobilesheet ?

Thanks.

Greg.
Hi Greg,

I'm glad the app is working out for you so far. There currently is an easy way to generate a list from a setlist using the companion app. Connect to your tablet, then go to File->Generate List of Songs. At the moment, I don't support generating a list of songs from a Collection. Go ahead and try it out with a setlist, and tell me if the basic functionality will meet your needs. If so, it will be really easy for me to quickly update the companion to generate a list for a collection. If you need additional functionality, or something a little different, just let me know, and we can work on adding something.

Mike
(08-22-2013, 03:05 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Hi Greg,

I'm glad the app is working out for you so far. There currently is an easy way to generate a list from a setlist using the companion app. Connect to your tablet, then go to File->Generate List of Songs. At the moment, I don't support generating a list of songs from a Collection. Go ahead and try it out with a setlist, and tell me if the basic functionality will meet your needs. If so, it will be really easy for me to quickly update the companion to generate a list for a collection. If you need additional functionality, or something a little different, just let me know, and we can work on adding something.

Mike

Hi Mike !

Companion app ? whats is that ? a second app on the tablet or a PC version ? or is it the android app ?
Where is the "file" menu ?
Greg,

The companion app is a free application I provide that you can run on your desktop to help manage your library on your tablet. You can find the link at the bottom of the page here: http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/downloads.html

To connect the two, you just need to tap the little computer button at the top right of the library screen on your tablet, which will pop up a connection window on your PC. Double-click the entry in the list, and you will see your library. Let me know if you have any problems.

Mike
Hi Greg

Believe me, you really do need the companion software - it brings a whole new way of working with MobileSheets and makes many feature much more useable.

I couldn't do without it (and I suspect other users would say the same).
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Can I make it work with Windows XP? (I beleive I have to install sometype of networking software).

(08-22-2013, 08:36 AM)GraemeJ Wrote: Hi Greg

Believe me, you really do need the companion software - it brings a whole new way of working with MobileSheets and makes many feature much more useable.

I couldn't do without it (and I suspect other users would say the same).
I have it working under XP (also, Vista and Windows 8). You don't need any networking software, but you do need a wireless network to which both your computer and tablet have access.

If you don't have a wireless network, then I would say wireless routers are not expensive and it's worth installing one, just to get the companion app working.
Graeme

Some of my music here
THanks, Graeme.

ACtually, it would help me to be able to print out collections too. I only use collections (not set lists) because I do not want to speed forward pages into another song, which I think is how setlists are set up. (I hold down the pedal to get to the beginning or end of the song).
I'm putting together a v4.0.14 which has a few bug fixes (crash during batch import and while switching db to sd card), so I'll also release a companion app update with the ability to print collections.

Mike
I think I need to install Windows NET 4.0 too.

I tried once and run into some obstaces, but I will give it another shot.

(08-22-2013, 08:55 PM)GraemeJ Wrote: I have it working under XP (also, Vista and Windows 8). You don't need any networking software, but you do need a wireless network to which both your computer and tablet have access.

If you don't have a wireless network, then I would say wireless routers are not expensive and it's worth installing one, just to get the companion app working.
Hey guys !!!

Thanks to all for the feedback ! I will definitely install the companion at home, I didn't find the time yet but will do probably this evening.

I can't do it at work as I'm under XP and don't have a wireless network, but at home it's not a problem (windows 7, wireless).
I will probably install the companion from here with teamviewer (as secure is my work network, strangely, I can manage my home computer form here with tealmviewer ... sick !)

Thanks Mike for your dedication, a new version of the app with the possibility to print collections will be great !!
So as I understood, at each version, we have to update both android and computer app ? is there an update notification with the windows app ?

Thanks again guys
Ok I checked The app companion.

It's great but nearly simple, as it simply allow to edit every partition from the PC, is that right ?

So as I already say ans as Mike told, I look f
forward for the printing collection update, as like a "Mobilesheeter" up above, I prefer to use collection than setlists (in fact, I rarely do setlists, I pick on stage the songs directly from the collection) :-)
(08-24-2013, 03:53 AM)golgoth57 Wrote: ..... it simply allow to edit every partition from the PC, is that right ?

It¡s a bit smarter than that. For example, you can build a collection in one hit by simply selecting the songs you want in that collection and then transferring them with a simple drag and drop.

A lot of other neat tricks, all of which are easier on a PC than a tablet.
Graeme

Some of my music here
Just got the update for both android app and companion.

Tested ! We can now print collections.

Mike, you rock mate !
I have to try to get the Companion running right. I know both my computer and my tablet have wifi connection, but I have not been able to get the Companion to connect to wifi. I will try again.