• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keyboard with W10
I used to support going back from the song display to the library screen by using escape, but I ran into issues where if I wanted to use escape for canceling out of other windows, it was triggering the escape to go back to the library screen also due to the issue I explained before where the key listener is not focus based. The problem is that the escape key will get triggered for the dialog first, closing it, then it will get propogated to the listener who thinks there are no dialogs showing so it will process the escape key to return back to the library screen. I don't have a good answer for dealing with this in a clean way. I would most likely have to add tons of code everywhere tracking how long it's been since a dialog was up and ignoring the escape key only if a dialog hasn't been up for a period of time (or some other nonsense like that). It just seems like more trouble than it's worth. You can always assign your own key press action in the settings (like tilde or backspace) to return to the library screen. As a side note, if the song display has active keyboard focus, hitting escape will return to the library screen. 

As far as starting focus out on the list, I've gone ahead and changed the code to do that.

I'm not going to change the song view to respond to arrow commands for scrolling the list up and down like that because those are used for bluetooth pedals. You can assign the arrow keys and page up/down to whatever you want under the pedal actions. If you want the arrows to scroll up or down, pick one of the scroll options for that.

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
Keyboard with W10 - by BRX - 06-23-2018, 12:57 AM
RE: Keyboard with W10 - by Zubersoft - 06-23-2018, 01:06 AM
RE: Keyboard with W10 - by BRX - 06-23-2018, 01:18 AM
RE: Keyboard with W10 - by Zubersoft - 06-23-2018, 02:47 AM
RE: Keyboard with W10 - by boba1954 - 07-18-2018, 12:41 PM
RE: Keyboard with W10 - by Zubersoft - 07-18-2018, 01:59 PM
RE: Keyboard with W10 - by boba1954 - 07-20-2018, 09:09 AM