• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible bug in Smart Buttons editing
Hello Mike,
I'm adding Smart Buttons to my pages in order to setup some MIDI commands for the keyboard I've connected via MIDI/USB. During these operations something strange occurs: sometimes the upper menu/title bar, that is normally vieweable when displaying sheets, disappears. In those cases the only way to have back the menues for editing is to quit and restart MSP.
Marco

Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12,2" - Nord Stage 2 HA88
Hello Marco,

So what's the easiest way to reproduce this issue? Just continue adding smart buttons tied to MIDI commands until the top of the overlay disappears and doesn't come back? Do you have "Always Show Title Bar" enabled in the settings?

Thanks,
Mike
(07-02-2018, 02:06 AM)Zuberman Wrote: So what's the easiest way to reproduce this issue? Just continue adding smart buttons tied to MIDI commands until the top of the overlay disappears and doesn't come back?

Exactly, I add buttons on various pages (with the top overlay always present); when I've finished button editing in a song, I click on "Save and continue to next song" without closing the Smart Button dialog, and after some times, at a certain point (random), the top overlay disappears.
I haven't checked if in that case the option of "Always Show Title Bar" has gone OFF by itself, but surely before it was ON, because it's one of my preferred settings.

(07-02-2018, 02:06 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Do you have "Always Show Title Bar" enabled in the settings?

Yes, since the 1st day I kept this setting ON.
Marco

Marco,

I'm very confused by your description. The "Save and continue to next song" option you talked about - do you mean the "Save and edit next" that is only available from the song editor screen? If you are adding smart buttons, why are you going into the song editor? Are you editing the song just to get to that option to get to the next song? I added 10 smart buttons in a row without using the song editor, and the title bar was completely unaffected. If you are using the song editor to go between songs, that sounds more likely to be the problem.

I'm not having any luck reproducing the problem you've described no matter what I try. There must be something I'm missing about the exact steps you are taking.

Thanks,
Mike
(07-05-2018, 03:13 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Marco,

I'm very confused by your description. The "Save and continue to next song" option you talked about - do you mean the "Save and edit next" that is only available from the song editor screen? If you are adding smart buttons, why are you going into the song editor? Are you editing the song just to get to that option to get to the next song? I added 10 smart buttons in a row without using the song editor, and the title bar was completely unaffected. If you are using the song editor to go between songs, that sounds more likely to be the problem.

I'm not having any luck reproducing the problem you've described no matter what I try. There must be something I'm missing about the exact steps you are taking.

Thanks,
Mike

Sorry Mike, I did a bit of confusion, also because i didnt experienced very well. 
Now I tried better to recreate the problem, also in a different tablet.
So the scene is: a sheet page open with bottom icons hidden and upper row visible. I have a smart button on the page and I want to move its position, so I click 1 second on the button, and when I click to the new position, the top row and the menues disappear.
I also have seen that, if I simply open and close the Settings page, the upper row returns visible.
Now I hope it's more clear what I mean.
If you want I can make a little video.
Marco

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon