• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any idea how MSPro will handle things like a second Chord directive?
So some songs we do have multiple (different) choruses.  I haven't tried it yet, but curious if anyone knows how MobileSheets Pro would behave with a second {soc}/{eoc} and then a {chorus} directive?  (honestly a little surprised that ChordPro doesn't include any directives like {bridge} {ending} {tag} {refrain}.

/ SenseiC bows out
SenseiC

Church Worship Leader
Martin D-28
Why don't you try a test one and see what happens ?
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(07-06-2018, 06:38 AM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: Why don't you try a test one and see what happens ?
Geoff

Well I did... and while doing some further digging... I came across the following which MIGHT just accomplish what I really  wanted (namely the way to get something formatted like  a chorus block gets formatted, but with a different label:
Quote:Abbreviation: 

Code:
soc
[size=undefined]
.[/size]
This directive indicates that the lines that follow form the song's chorus. These lines are normal song lines, but will be shown in an outstanding manner.
This directive may include an optional label, to be printed in the left margin. For example:,
Code:
{start_of_chorus: All}

See also labels.

https://www.chordpro.org/chordpro/Direct...horus.html

Now I tried that... and (not surprisingly) I got "Chorus" and not the "optional" label.  So I guess I would make this now an enhancement request, namely as follows:
  1. Implement the optional label directive so that a user could then overload the "Chorus" text in a {soc}/{eoc} block with an alternate text, for example Chorus 2, Pre-chorus, Bridge, Ending, Refrain, or Tag
  2. Supplemental enhancement - in the same way as MobileSheets Pro implements {chorus} to allow a repeated instance of the existing chorus w/o completely replicating it, have it recognize the label in the same way that it recognizes {chorus} so then you could place a second instance of the Bridge or Refrain rather than a complete copy.  Purely a nicety IMHO as #1 would provide more than enough flexibility for me.
So for example then I could designate a pre-chorus and Chorus and then have to only repeat them using {pre-chorus} {chorus}

A perfect example of a song that this sort of thing occurs in: Did You Feel the Mountains Tremble

That has two different pre-choruses though the lyrics from the above link designate the Chorus as Bridge (not sure I understand why they did that).  When we sing this we have the following pattern:
  1. Verse 1
  2. Verse 2
  3. Pre-chorus 1
  4. Chorus
  5. Verse 3 (lyrics in the link have a typo and have two instances of Verse 2)
  6. Pre-chorus 2
  7. Chorus 2x
/ SenseiC bows out

Attached Files
.pdf   Did You Feel the Mountains Tremble.pdf (Size: 67.81 KB / Downloads: 3)
SenseiC

Church Worship Leader
Martin D-28
At this moment, MSPro supports a subset of the ChordPro formatting. Section labels are not yet supported.

Looking at the PDF, most of what you want to achieve can be done with comments:

Code:
{comment: Verse 1}
[C2]Did you feel the mountains tremble?

{comment: Verse 2}
[C2]Did you feel the people tremble?

And so on.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(07-06-2018, 04:34 PM)sciurius Wrote: At this moment, MSPro supports a subset of the ChordPro formatting. Section labels are not yet supported.

Looking at the PDF, most of what you want to achieve can be done with comments:

Code:
{comment: Verse 1}
[C2]Did you feel the mountains tremble?

{comment: Verse 2}
[C2]Did you feel the people tremble?

And so on.

So basically that means continue to use Chordpro the way I have all along... with lots of {comment: blah} directives.  Understood.  At the moment this "issue" has become minuscule compared to my pedal and my current tablet not "playing nice".  I know it WILL pair because I got it paired with my mobile phone...  Dodgy  So now I get to change versions of Android until hopefully I find one where I can pair the blasted thing with the tablet.  

/ SenseiC bows out

PS: Just curious if anyone knows what language(s) the MobileSheets Pro application uses (Java, Python, C#, C++, etc.)
SenseiC

Church Worship Leader
Martin D-28
I will try to support more of the chord pro spec over time. MobileSheetsPro for Android is written in Java, MobileSheets for Windows 10 is written in C# UWP. Why do you ask?

Mike
Whew!  Flashed the Android 4.4.4 kernel on the tablet and thankfully the Donner BT pedal paired (hard to enter a pairing key with a pedal  Big Grin).

Now to see how well all of this works together.  Anyway thanks for the timely responses.  Feel free to lock/close the thread.

/ SenseiC bows out.
SenseiC

Church Worship Leader
Martin D-28