• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Editing mobilesheets.db
#1
I guess my asking for help was drowned in the information flood of the beta testing thread.

I want to purge my mobilesheets.db from the remains of absolute paths which couldn't be automatically adjusted by the beta.

A simple search & replace with an ASCII or Hex Editor won't do it and I need it with a SQLite editor or manager?

I downloaded the Firefox Addon SQLite Manager but still am a bit clueless what to query or to do.

And which exact string do I have to replace if my Mobilesheets directory on Android SD card is in

/storage/6565-3231/Noten/

Am I replacing

"storage/6565-3231/Noten/" or
"/storage/6565-3231/Noten/"

with nothing and how exactly?

Mike or anyone in the know, can you be of assistance, please?
Reply
#2
I modify my mobilesheets.db before copying it from my Android tablet to my Win10 laptop. To do that I bundled a number of calls of Sciurius' MSPReloc within a batch file.
The batch is attached, you need to adapt the paths of your installation of Perl and MSPReloc and the song file paths that you want to replace.
Note: I use this with MSP 2.1.9 that doesn't have relative paths yet.
If you have questions feel free to contact me directly.


Attached Files
.txt   _reloc_T2L.bat.txt (Size: 2.3 KB / Downloads: 0)
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 2004
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de


Reply
#3
(07-20-2018, 11:44 PM)itsme Wrote: I modify my mobilesheets.db before copying it from my Android tablet to my Win10 laptop. To do that I bundled a number of calls of Sciurius' MSPReloc within a batch file.
The batch is attached, you need to adapt the paths of your installation of Perl and MSPReloc and the song file paths that you want to replace.
Note: I use this with MSP 2.1.9 that doesn't have relative paths yet.
If you have questions feel free to contact me directly.

 Thanks itsme. I hadn't set up Perl on my new W10 desktop again and was looking and hoping to avoid that. But I should do that anyway also for the other useful scripts of Sciurius. 

But I probably still need to know which parts I have to replace (including or without slashes) so I get correct relative paths. 

I think you will enjoy the new version because it converts the absolute paths to the new relative ones automatically (my remaining paths are a special case) so you won't have to edit your databases any more and they are interchangeable.
Reply
#4
BRX,

What is your storage location? Honestly, the easiest thing is probably for me to fix the database for you if you email me mobilesheets.db. Otherwise, you need to replace your storage location with nothing, essentially removing it from every path in the database, and then if you are dealing with Windows paths, convert the slashes to forward slashes.

Mike
Reply
#5
(07-21-2018, 01:42 AM)Zuberman Wrote: BRX,

What is your storage location? Honestly, the easiest thing is probably for me to fix the database for you if you email me mobilesheets.db. Otherwise, you need to replace your storage location with nothing, essentially removing it from every path in the database, and then if you are dealing with Windows paths, convert the slashes to forward slashes.

Mike

I'll take your offer gladly. I'll put it in a dropbox folder to share for you so you can directly edit and leave it there. Thank you very much.
Reply
#6
BRX,

Not all of your file paths are relative to the storage location. The following four are in a separate directory:

/storage/6565-3231/books/Manuals/FP4/FP-4.pdf
/storage/6565-3231/books/Manuals/FP4/FP4  Jazz+ Piano 1 Settings.pdf
/storage/6565-3231/books/Manuals/FP4/FP-4-QuickStart.pdf
/storage/6565-3231/books/Manuals/FP4/FP-7-FP-4_MIDI_Imple_e1.pdf

I do see a number under /storage/6565-3231/Noten that I will fix to be relative. Do you want me to make the above paths relative to the storage location as well? If so, do you want the relative path to start with books?

Mike
Reply
#7
I just uploaded a fixed version of your database. I made those paths listed above relative with books as the root path, so you'll want to move those files under the storage location. I also fixed a number of invalid page orders in your library.

Mike
Reply
#8
Thank you very much. I will test tomorrow. I forgot about the manuals but they don't belong actually to the sheets and in the database anyway. I guess I have to use the sync feature to get the database on the Android device since I can't copy it back to an exposed folder yet?
Reply
#9
If you have expose database enabled and your storage location is an SD card folder, then your database is stored under /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files. Just replace the database file in that folder to update it.

Mike
Reply
#10
(07-21-2018, 06:12 AM)Zuberman Wrote: If you have expose database enabled and your storage location is an SD card folder, then your database is stored under /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files. Just replace the database file in that folder to update it.

Mike

Oh, you changed that back from the beta already. Fantastic. I just tried and exposing worked again inspite of the storage on SD (with your caveat of course). Now I can Dropsync between devices with the interchangeable db. 

Personally that's for me the most important sync feature even if it is only a byproduct of our discussions of the new library sync. Thank you.
Reply


Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)


  Theme © 2014 iAndrew  
Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2020 MyBB Group.