• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MobileSheets and MobileSheetsPro v2.3.0 Released
MobileSheetsPro v2.3.0 for Android and Windows 10 have been released. These updates contain some very important new features along with a fair number of bug fixes. The most important new feature is the ability to synchronize devices over WiFi or Bluetooth. This will be extremely useful to users who need to keep multiple device libraries in sync. In the Android version, annotation highlights are now drawn behind the page content. This may cause compatibility problems with some devices though, so if you see issues after updating, you can disable this behavior in the annotations editor by tapping the circle at the top left and disabling "Draw highlights behind content". This feature is not available in the Windows 10 version due to limitations with Microsoft's drawing libraries. Please note that a database change is present in this update, which means both the tablet app (MobileSheets or MobileSheetsPro) and the Companion app have to be updated at the same time. If you rely on the companion, please wait to update until after you've updated your tablet. The full list of changes can be found below:

Changes made to both versions (Android & Windows 10):
  • Added new feature to synchronize device libraries. This will merge changes between devices and is faster than using backup files.
  • Added new feature to synchronize to a cloud folder. A first pass is necessary to upload the device library to the folder.
  • Added new feature to synchronize to a backup file. This can be used to extract only specific data from a backup file without replacing the entire library.
  • Added option to rotate pages in the song overlay under the display settings icon
  • Added icons to rotate a single page or all pages in the song editor. Long pressing will rotate all pages in all files.
  • Fixed issue where removing songs from setlists would not remove the setlist song notes from the database
  • Added support for chorus labels with chord pro documents
  • Added fixes to ensure subdirectories are restored properly after restoring a backup. Note: This is only guaranteed with backups created after this update.
  • Fixed bug with PDF rotation not being properly handled when exporting
  • Fixed issue where trashed files on Dropbox weren't always properly ignored
  • Fixed issue with changing the page order where the number of pages in the song could increase unexpectedly and cause loading errors
  • File paths are now stored relative to the storage directory in the database. This makes it easier to share databases between Windows and Android
  • Song file prefixes are no longer removed when restoring a backup file unless the backup file is from the original MobileSheets
Changes made to MobileSheetsPro on Android:
  • Significantly increased removable SD card read/write speeds for lengthy operations like restoring backup files, batch importing or using the new synchronization features.
  • Annotation highlights are now drawn behind the page content. This can be disabled in the annotations settings if needed.
  • Added option to control how highlights are exported (behind content or on top of).
  • Increased size of OK button in file browser to make it more prevalent
  • Added setting to control whether filters are persisted when MobileSheetsPro is closed. Filters are not persisted by default.
  • The metronome window no longer displays a separate dialog when changing dropdown values
  • Fixed render errors with the Speed render preference setting with certain PDFs
Changes made to MobileSheets on Windows 10:
  • Fixed issue with link point sizes scaling incorrectly
  • Fixed bug where the text editor wouldn't correctly display files with certain encodings
  • If a storage location is found when restoring a backup file that can't be accessed, a dialog is now shown to let the user provide access to the storage location
  • Fixed bug where the audio player would sometimes not play back files
  • Fixed bug when using night mode or the dark theme on the group editor screen
  • The library list is now given keyboard focus at startup so that a keyboard can be used to select and load songs
  • Fixed progress dialog to used a fixed width to prevent frequent resizes
MobileSheetsPro Companion v2.7.4
  • Modified backup extractor to correctly handle relative file paths
  • Setlist song notes are now correctly deleted when a song is removed from the setlist
  • Fixed issue with changing the page order where the number of pages in the song could increase unexpectedly and cause loading errors
  • Fixed sorting issue on the setlist and other group tabs when clicking on a column header to sort songs in the library list
  • Updates to handle chorus labels in chord pro files
Mike
Wonderful features but please can you explain the "new feature to synchronize to a cloud folder"

because I tried it with OneDrive (Windows 10) and I do not understand what do you mean with: "Gerätepfad" and "Cloud Verzeichnis"

Best regards

JJG
JJG,

OneDrive is not supported yet (there is another volunteer developer who is working on that). The sync to cloud folder only works for Dropbox and Google Drive at the moment. If you tap the three dots at the top right of the library screen, then Sync Library->Sync to Cloud Folder, you can select a folder on Dropbox or Google Drive, and the device will be synchronized to that folder. The first time you try this, MobileSheetsPro is going to have to upload the entire device library to that folder (you can't sync to an existing folder with files in it). Subsequent merges will then capture any changes between the cloud folder and the device.

Mike
thank you Mike.

I tried now the "new feature to synchronize to a backup file" but it doesn't work. 

I do make some grafical changes in a song (new text overlays and some lines and markers) but the file compare detected no changes.

JJG
JJG,

Synchronizing to a backup file is a one way sync. It only pulls changes out of the backup file to synchronize to the device. It does not update the backup file with changes on the device because the backup files don't work that way - they can't dynamically resize to accomodate new songs and data. The entire file would have to be reconstructed in that case and it would be no better than you just generating a new backup file using the normal mechanism. If you make changes to your library and then sync to a backup file, what were you expecting to happen? If you change the merge behavior to "prompt user" then you will be notified of any changes, and then you could undo the changes you made. If you leave the default setting, you updated your library after the backup file was created so it's going to treat your changes as the latest and ignore the differences in the backup file.

Mike
When synching to to cloud folder:

All my songs have Tempo and Key Signature information. When I first sync to a cloud folder, will this erase the Tempo and Key signature data from the songs that are already on my tablet?
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.
When you first sync, it uploads your library to the cloud as is, so it won't modify your library in any way. Any merges after that wouldn't erase your tempo or key signature data as those would be in both databases (your device and the one stored on the cloud).

Mike
So would one first need to create an empty cloud folder for said synching?
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.
Correct.
Quick update: Synchronizing to a Google Drive folder with the Android version currently has major problems due to the last modified timestamp and sizes of uploaded files not being correctly read during the first upload of the library. This results in future merges flagging every file as being different and causes merge conflicts for every song. I will be releasing a fix as soon as possible for this. The Windows 10 version does exhibit this same problem.

Mike
This Release does not include the "last modified date song title format" (https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=4682), right?
Hello Mike,

the new feature to synchronize device libraries is great! It's really far easier now to update the library on my second tablet. And this without additional costs for the app. Thank you very much!

Greetings from germany
Ulrich
(07-22-2018, 02:21 AM)Zuberman Wrote: JJG,

Synchronizing to a backup file is a one way sync. It only pulls changes out of the backup file to synchronize to the device. It does not update the backup file with changes on the device because the backup files don't work that way - they can't dynamically resize to accomodate new songs and data. The entire file would have to be reconstructed in that case and it would be no better than you just generating a new backup file using the normal mechanism. If you make changes to your library and then sync to a backup file, what were you expecting to happen? If you change the merge behavior to "prompt user" then you will be notified of any changes, and then you could undo the changes you made. If you leave the default setting, you updated your library after the backup file was created so it's going to treat your changes as the latest and ignore the differences in the backup file.

Mike

Ok, probably it's a stupid question, but what is the purpose of that feature then? I only use a single device, have a big database, add new songs often, and all I need is backing up my database to Google drive from time to time. Is still faster to use the old method for me?

Thanks.
Yes, the sync to backup file feature is not meant to replace library backups, so you'll want to continue periodically backing up your library to Google Drive. It does not provide incremental backups either (that's still on my list). The option to synchronize to a backup file was put in place mainly for individuals or businesses that need a way to deploy changes to a large collection of devices that may not have a router to connect to (so they can't use WiFi for synchronizing and bluetooth is too slow). Unlike restoring a backup file, synchronizing to a backup file provides the option to keep things like annotations for an individual user from being ovewritten.

Mike
Understood, thanks.