• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Showing song file paths
(01-19-2019, 08:30 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Where do you want to see that button to open the folder? Next to the file in the song editor file list? How about if I changed it so that a long press on Android provides multiple options (including things I want to support like renaming, deleting, etc), whereas on Windows 10 you can access those options by clicking the "(i)" icon? For Windows 10, I may consider using a separate edit icon with a dropdown for renaming, deleting, etc. In that case, the (i) icon could be used to view the full path and then browse to the directory.

Mike

"a long press on Android" sounds very helpful for me as paths on Android are often a bit complicated and not so easy to remember
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

You can already long press on Android to bring up the full path to the file. Did you want a way of browsing to the location on the file system? I'm not sure exactly how that would work. I could send out an intent as a url to a folder on the file system, and I suppose any file management apps would be listed as choices. I've never tried that before though so I have no idea if it will actually work.

Mike
Yes I know. It was one of my requests long ago, that the shown file path should not fade out automatically.

My understanding of the posts above was that it is about a user action that opens the folder. It is not of high priority for me.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

I was able to easily add browsing for the Windows 10 version, but Android is a no-go. There is no support for having another application browse to a folder. I tried every approach suggested by random posts on the internet, and nothing works in the general case. You can get it to work for one particular file browser (like ES File Explorer), but that's about it. So I'm not going to include that functionality as it would fail for most users.

Mike