• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Song List: S has tons of songs that don't start with S (SOLVED)
I solved this problem, but it might mystify other new users, answer below. A good item for the manual.

I'm a new user and I batch-imported my audio files, sorted by actual filename. It's all perfect except for the "S" section, which starts out with files that start with S, but then has roughly 100 other titles that don't start with S. They are in alphabetical order, but in groups that are alpha sorted separately. All the other Alpha sections are proper, EXCEPT that the tunes that appear under S do not appear in their proper alpha section. Most of them do not have a word that starts with S. (I'm mentioning that because I noticed sometimes MS gets creative, like by taking Chega de Saudade - No More Blues, and filing it under N.)

There are numerous alphabetized groups under S, with the first one being the biggest and each grouping includes its own S section. 

I tried terminating MS and restarting, but to no avail.

ANSWER: I clicked on "SORT: A-Z" which is all the way at the top of the screen in the blue bar. I saw it was already configured to sort alpha descending, so I tried checking the "Use formatted title for sorting" and that did the trick.

But, still, I'm really curious what MS was "seeing" that caused it to place all those files under S.
It would have used the song titles, not the formatted title you configured in the library settings. If you are prefixing the titles with data from another field, that would explain why it appeared unusual, as the sorting was based upon the unformatted song title (i.e. what you see if you long press the song, edit it, and view the title field in the song editor).

Mike
Thanks!