• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How name other custom field?
Now that I'm getting deeper into MS, I configured through the Companian/Desktop program to show the two optional "custom" (custom1 and custom) fields, and called one "hard" (as in, how hard or soft is the track). I didn't find a way to edit the name of the other. 

On the tablet, I now have a field called "hard," but the other is still called "custom" and I don't see a way to edit its name there, either. 

Is there a way to name the other custom field?

Now that I have created "hard" I see in the Companion/Desktop app that there is a new custom field called "Custom 2"
The custom text fields can't be renamed at the moment. I can consider adding an option to rename them at some point, but it will definitely ripple across many parts of the application.

Mike
@Mike:
The possibility to rename the custom fields would be very welcome.
And I see the need for more custom fields and more custom groups.
@BobbyH:
Please note the general difference between the text fields Custom and Custom 2 and the Custom Group
It's not only that the text fields cannot be renamed. Their content has to be entered individually for every song that should use it. The Custom Group creates a selection list and is handled similar to MSPs native groups like Albums, Genres, Composers ...
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

For what it's worth, I would also like to be able to rename the Custom fields, as well as the Custom group. 

In addition (although I guess this might really be a separate feature request), I would like the custom fields to display a list populated with existing values, just like other fields such as artist, composer, album, years, etc. This would be very valuable in helping to maintain the consistency of the data entered.

Many thanks.....
I think this is related. I am looking for a way to edit one of the existing values in one of the fields. I have used it in several songs, and would like it to be spelled correctly. My recent workaround was to list all the songs with that value, add the new value to each of them, and then in one song that had only that value, use the trash can to delete it. 

I see that I have a field called "Dance". I don't think that came with the system. Did I add it, or did I rename an existing field to be that? It comes up in the search filter selection list, and I am able to add values. I'm wondering what the point of the system having a field called Custom would be if I was able to add my own custom field with the name I wanted. Wouldn't that have been the solution for the original requester? I just don't remember how I did that.
+*+
Wendy Cutler
Well currently MSP provides 1 custom group and 2 custom fields.  You can rename the custom group to your liking in the library settings. The custom fields can't be renamed AFAIK. So you probably renamed the custom group in the settings?

It's one of the oldest feature requests here for Mike to provide more custom (and customizable) groups and fields and he will get to that in time. :-)
(07-23-2019, 04:10 AM)Wendy Cutler Wrote: I think this is related. I am looking for a way to edit one of the existing values in one of the fields. I have used it in several songs, and would like it to be spelled correctly. My recent workaround was to list all the songs with that value, add the new value to each of them, and then in one song that had only that value, use the trash can to delete it. 

I was looking again today for a way to correct the spelling of a field value that I added, that happened to be in a field that I added. I see that I said I could use the trash can to delete it. What happened to the trash can? And has something replaced it? Is there a way to delete a field value that I added (because the system autocorrected the spelling, and I had to add it again and pay attention to correct the autocorrection)?
+*+
Wendy Cutler
Display the page showing the field value
Long press the non-desired value until it's check box is ticked
Choose Rename or Delete at top

Works fine on "Source Types"

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Photo 
(01-02-2023, 08:14 PM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: Display the page showing the field value
Long press the non-desired value until it's check box is ticked
Choose Rename or Delete at top

Works fine on "Source Types"

Geoff

Thanks for the interest Geoff. There is no Rename or Delete where I am. I'd like to remove the first item here, the key of .D . 

+*+
Wendy Cutler
Looks like you are trying to do it from a Song edit screen.- you have to do it from the screen where the values are defined (I'm guessing "Keys" on your image)

See https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...urce+Types  for an example using "Source Types"

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Wendy,

You have two options for deleting groups in the library:

#1) In the song editor, do not tap the dropdown arrow for a field. Instead, if the entry you want to delete is already listed, just long press the little square for it and you'll see an option to delete it from the library. If it's not listed, you can enter the name and select it from the auto-completion list, or you can tap the dropdown to setlist it, then close that dialog and then long press it and delete it from there. I may consider adding an option to delete it from the dialog that is displayed as a fair number of users seem to prefer using that.

#2) Add the tab as mentioned in the thread that Geoff linked to under Settings->Library Settings->Tab Selection and Order and then you can long press the entry to select it and then tap the option to delete at the top of the screen. If you have many entries you want to delete, this would probably be the fastest approach.

Mike
Thank you! Edited - I did Geoff's suggestion while @Zubersoft was typing. 

So I get the source types, like Song or Setlist, to include the group of values I want to view and edit, in this case Keys; then on a main menu, click that type (Keys), which lists all the values, like it does when I click Song or Setlist. Then do the delete there, same as when I delete a song. 
I've never touched anything on that line except Song or Setlist.
It was pretty easy. Quick too.
+*+
Wendy Cutler
(01-03-2023, 06:19 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Wendy,

You have two options for deleting groups in the library:

#1) In the song editor, do not tap the dropdown arrow for a field. Instead, if the entry you want to delete is already listed, just long press the little square for it and you'll see an option to delete it from the library. If it's not listed, you can enter the name and select it from the auto-completion list, or you can tap the dropdown to setlist it, then close that dialog and then long press it and delete it from there. I may consider adding an option to delete it from the dialog that is displayed as a fair number of users seem to prefer using that.

Mike
Mike, thanks for the reply. I don't understand. 
This is what you mean by "In the song editor"? There are no little squares here. If I press the entry, either nothing happens, or it deletes Notch A Dance from the song, but not from the list of items in the Dance category.

If I click the dropdown to go to Select Items, long pressing just removes the x or adds an x.  I don't know how I end up with duplicate entries, but I did it twice, in case having an active one with that name made a difference. 

+*+
Wendy Cutler
Wendy,

Here is a picture from the Windows version, which is identical to the other versions. If I long-press or right-click on one of the light-blue boxes, I get a popup with two options. One of those options is "Delete" which will permanently delete that entry from the library.

Mike

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike, I guess I just needed convincing. I'd been long-pressing over the x. When I moved my finger to the middle of the button, it did pop up the Remove/Delete options, with the confirmation message asking if I really wanted to do that. 
I'm happy to have these documented here - thank you and Geoff.
+*+
Wendy Cutler