• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PDF after adding annotations 10x larger, cannot be open
Dear all,

after adding annotations to a pdf (Android, Samsung S7FE) and save it again as pdf:
- annotation bar: embedding annotations, or
- print section: print it as pdf, or
- export it with annotations

the pdf becomes app. 10x larger and it is not possible to open it after copying to a PC/Windows.

As example:
If the original file size is 100kB, the file with annotations saved is about 1000kB, if I sync it to the PC the pdf-file is always(!) exactly(!) 262.144B
doesn´t matter how large the original/annotated pdf file was (tried several files/sizes). And I get an error message "file damaged".

I would like to share pdf+annotations with friends, they use different OS,.......Tab´s, PC´s.
The pdf should be "standard" file format for them as any kind of other pdf´s.

How to get it the right way?

thx4anyhelp ;-)
Please select that song on the library screen, tap Share->Export as .msf and send the .msf to mike@zubersoft.com so I can take a look at it. When you are exporting the song, are you checking the option to export iOS compatible annotations? In general, I would recommend leaving that unchecked, otherwise the entire PDF has to be rebuilt which is definitely going to increase the size. If you print to PDF, it also generates an entirely new PDF, so that is also going to be much larger. This is because the PDF library I'm using doesn't support generating pages with compressed lossless images. I haven't found an affordable library yet that does.

Thanks,
Mike
This issue is due to text annotations and needing to package the font inside the PDF so that it renders correctly. I can add an option in a future update to not package fonts in the PDF, which will result in the text annotation being converted to use whatever font the PDF viewer defaults to. This can drastically change the appearance of the font though. I can also consider adding an option to convert text annotations to images, but this may also increase the PDF file size, as images use a lot of space.

Mike
Thx for your support!
Think the apperance of annotations is to "critical" for "unpredictable/uncontrolled" changes.
The option would be great...

THX!