• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surface Pro 4 Pen - skipping
Greetings,

My apologies if this has been asked previously but I was not able to locate a similar discussion.

I have a Surface Pro 4 and the MS Surface Pen.

Quite often (many times per hour) when I'm annotating a song (imported PDF), the MS Pen will 'glitch' and draw a straight line between two points instead of what was drawn or writing in that space.  It's as if the application briefly stops reading the pen, and just draws a line to where it starts reading again.

When this happens, my tablet is typically in Airplane Mode, and has no other applications running in the background, other than whatever Windows 10 runs as services.

Please let me know if you have encountered this before, and if there is a solution.

Thanks very much!
Richard (That Cello Guy)
Hello Richard,

I can't say I've ever seen that occur when using my Surface Pro 4, but I may not have done long enough sessions with annotating lots of songs in order to replicate the issue. What worries me is it sounds like perhaps there are some memory issues occurring that are causing hiccups (especially if you only see this after 20+ minutes of using the app). It could also be a drawing issue if there a lot of individual annotations.  Are there any steps I should take in order to try to reproduce this issue? Or is it just as simple as loading lots of songs and setlist and annotating each one? How many annotations do you think you have for each song?  Are there a great deal of freeform annotations?

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.  

- Is there a way I can get notifications of comments to my questions - I thought the system was supposed to Email me updates?  I'm probably missing something.

- The 'skipping' behavior happens even with only 1 song open, and no other edits on the page.  So, for example, if I try to write something like "repeat here..." or whatever.. quite often, somewhere in the middle of the edit, the pen will stop writing at one point and instead draw a single straight line to whereever it seems to start writing again.  This happens whether writing words or drawing a shape like trying to circle something or draw a curved line from one spot to another.

- Would you like me to video the event?  I'm not sure how "on demand" the error is but I could probably reproduce it with some effort.

Thanks again!
Richard.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon