• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Search Dropbox sub-folders during import
When I want to import files from dropbox, the search option is only preformed in the current dropbox folder.
Is it possible to preform the search for the current folder AND all its sub folders?
Unfortunately, no, that is not current possible because I don't recursively read out every file and folder for dropbox when it's loaded. Doing this would cause considerable slowdown. The search feature is designed just to operate on the files that have already been read out for the current directory (not to query the backend for additional files).

Mike
Thanks for you reply.. Though I think it will be a useful feature..
If I am going to add support for that kind of searching, it will have to be through a different dialog or screen. The current implementation will not support that. I can certainly write up an enhancement request to support that kind of thing in the future. The first thing that comes to mind is showing a dialog where you can perform a query on a file name, and it will process the query and show the results. Tapping on an entry from that list will close the dialog and the file browser will navigate to the folder containing that file so that you can select it (and any other files from the same directory as necessary).

Mike