• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Library sync between Android and Windows version
Hi,

I really like the quite new feature to synchronize my library between my devices, which makes it really fast to sync small changes I've made to a few songs.
This works pretty good for my Android devices.

I tried now to do the same synchronization with my Windows tablet, however synchronization fails on the Windows side with "System.UnauthorizedAccessException" on the attempt to send the database to the other device.

Since sync between device is relatively new, is this already supposed to work between different OS?

Edit: connection was through Wifi, tried with Windows as server and vice versa, made no difference.

Thanks,
lawrence
Hello Lawrence,

I seem to be unable to reproduce the problem you are currently seeing. Is anyone else experiencing that problem? What storage location are you using under Settings->Storage? How large is your Windows library? I might ask if you can upload a library backup so I can restore your library and see if that helps me reproduce the problem. You can send a link to mike@zubersoft.com if you are willing.

Thanks,
Mike
Not sure this is the same thing, but a few versions ago, I was finally able to backup from Windows and restore perfectly to Android. Before that, I would inevitably end up with some missing files on the Android side after restoring from a Windows backup file - possibly due to file hierarchy differences between Windows and Android.

Unfortunately, just recently (the past week), things are not working again. I am not able to restore into Android at all. I get a message along the lines of "Unable to write database file to disk".  

Actually, I just tried restoring to Windows and get the same error. So, it may be that the new backup file from Windows is broken altogether.  The most recent backup file I am able to restore from is from 8/18.
The backup file is fine - it's a bug that was introduced in the last update. If you check the "Restore Settings" option, it should restore just fine. I've already released an update to Android to fix it for that version, but the Microsoft update is still pending approval from Microsoft (should be available early in the week).

Mike
(08-27-2018, 02:12 AM)Zuberman Wrote: The backup file is fine - it's a bug that was introduced in the last update. If you check the "Restore Settings" option, it should restore just fine. I've already released an update to Android to fix it for that version, but the Microsoft update is still pending approval from Microsoft (should be available early in the week).

Mike

Will give that a try a bit later. I did have restore settings disabled. Thanks for the quick answer.
(08-27-2018, 03:22 AM)Serafin Wrote:
(08-27-2018, 02:12 AM)Zuberman Wrote: The backup file is fine - it's a bug that was introduced in the last update. If you check the "Restore Settings" option, it should restore just fine. I've already released an update to Android to fix it for that version, but the Microsoft update is still pending approval from Microsoft (should be available early in the week).

Mike

Will give that a try a bit later. I did have restore settings disabled. Thanks for the quick answer.

Working as described. Thanks again.
(08-23-2018, 11:14 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Hello Lawrence,

I seem to be unable to reproduce the problem you are currently seeing. Is anyone else experiencing that problem? What storage location are you using under Settings->Storage? How large is your Windows library? I might ask if you can upload a library backup so I can restore your library and see if that helps me reproduce the problem. You can send a link to mike@zubersoft.com if you are willing.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

I tested the same scenario again on a different Windows machine (with a more current Windows OS version, didn't make a major Windows 10 update on my tablet for some time) and there I had no problem at all.
So I guess it's not worth to look any further into it since it's not a general problem. After OS update on the tablet I will give you some feedback if the problem is gone.

PS: on the tablet  I have Windows 10 Home (10.0.14393.693), on the working machine Windows 10 Professional (10.0.16299.551). Not sure if this is the reason, just to round up my status :-)

Thanks,
lawrence