• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Using the Virtual Keyboard with a Pedal Connected
(04-26-2015, 09:18 AM)jeffn1 Wrote:
(04-25-2015, 05:12 PM)namder Wrote: Does anyone else have the problem of the keyboard turning itself back on after a while and always when the tablet is turned off and back on again.  Is there any way to save the change.

John

Yes, every time I turn on my Hannspree I have to turn off the hardware keyboard setting.

If you find a solution, let me know.

Hi jeffn1

Does your Hannspree turn the hardware keyboard back on during a session?  Mine might go an hour or so and then I have to reset it.  Can be a bit awkward during a band rehearsal.  I wonder if this is just a Hannspree problem.  Hopefully users of other tablets will contribute.

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
No, I don't think so. It only seems to reset when I turn off the tablet.

Incidentally, I only have to change the setting when I have my usb pedal (Billpro) plugged in (which is pretty much all the time). I just learned when it is not plugged in, it seems to default to the Android virtual keyboard (without even giving the option of using a hardware keyboard).

So, it seems detect if there is a hardware keyboard/usb pedal attached and behaves accordingly.
(04-27-2015, 12:48 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: No, I don't think so.  It only seems to reset when I turn off the tablet.

Incidentally, I only have to change the setting when I have my usb pedal (Billpro) plugged in (which is pretty much all the time).  I just learned when it is not plugged in, it seems to default to the Android virtual keyboard (without even giving the option of using a hardware keyboard).

So, it seems detect if there is a hardware keyboard/usb pedal attached and behaves accordingly.

Thanks for that but do you have yours in use for hours.  Within a two and a half hour session, I will have to reset it at least once.

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
(04-27-2015, 01:23 AM)namder Wrote:
(04-27-2015, 12:48 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: No, I don't think so.  It only seems to reset when I turn off the tablet.

Incidentally, I only have to change the setting when I have my usb pedal (Billpro) plugged in (which is pretty much all the time).  I just learned when it is not plugged in, it seems to default to the Android virtual keyboard (without even giving the option of using a hardware keyboard).

Thanks for that but do you have yours in use for hours.  Within a two and a half hour session, I will have to reset it at least once.

John

Yes, I have had it hooked up for even longer than that.  I don't seem to have that problem.  What type of pedal (or other hardware attachment) do you have.  I wonder if that is resetting and causing the tablet to reset?
(04-27-2015, 01:29 AM)jeffn1 Wrote:

John

Yes, I have had it hooked up for even longer than that.  I don't seem to have that problem.  What type of pedal (or other hardware attachment) do you have.  I wonder if that is resetting and causing the tablet to reset?
I use the triple USB pedal from the Far East.  It appears to be pretty common amongst members of this forum.  There is no other hardware attached.

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
(04-27-2015, 01:41 AM)namder Wrote:
(04-27-2015, 01:29 AM)jeffn1 Wrote:

John

I use the triple USB pedal from the Far East.  It appears to be pretty common amongst members of this forum.  There is no other hardware attached.

John

I don't know.  Does the USB pedal have an automatic shut off function?
I've sussed it now. Because the weight of the pedal cable was pulling down on the OTG connector I was occasionally checking the connection and inadvertently breaking the connection. If I leave it alone, it behaves itself.

Thanks for the input.

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
(04-29-2015, 07:37 AM)namder Wrote: I've sussed it now.  Because the weight of the pedal cable was pulling down on the OTG connector I was occasionally checking the connection and inadvertently breaking the connection.  If I leave it alone, it behaves itself.

Thanks for the input.

John

FYI, I use a ($.25 ?) binder clip to hold the cable to the stand so it does not put pressure on the USB port.

http://www.pachd.com/free-images/househo...lip-01.jpg
I just tie the cable in a loose knot around the top bar of the music stand.

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
Thumbs Up 
(01-16-2015, 01:42 PM)geschmidt@cableone.net Wrote: Hello all,
I keep forgetting how to disable the hardware keyboard for use with my pedal.  I had to help another person recently and I decided to just make a "how to guide".  It is easy to forget how especially when you don't realize that the pedal has to be on and connected for the hardware keyboard option to show up.  So I am attaching a how to guide...
Enjoy!

Glen
Glen,
works perfect, thanks for this guide!!
(04-26-2015, 08:23 PM)namder Wrote:
(04-26-2015, 09:18 AM)jeffn1 Wrote:
(04-25-2015, 05:12 PM)namder Wrote: Does anyone else have the problem of the keyboard turning itself back on after a while and always when the tablet is turned off and back on again.  Is there any way to save the change.

John

Yes, every time I turn on my Hannspree I have to turn off the hardware keyboard setting.

If you find a solution, let me know.

Hi jeffn1

Does your Hannspree turn the hardware keyboard back on during a session?  Mine might go an hour or so and then I have to reset it.  Can be a bit awkward during a band rehearsal.  I wonder if this is just a Hannspree problem.  Hopefully users of other tablets will contribute.

John

Hi there,
I also use a Hannspree 13.3" tablet and I have the same problem as described above. I happens during a one hour session and maybe it does has something to do with the bluetooth pedal and the sleepmode of it. I use a PageFlip Cicada pageturner. It's an anoying problem because it takes time to notice and then repair the problem. Any idea on this?

Wouter Kluck
Hannspree 13.3" tablet and PageFlip Cicada.
Disabling the hardware keyboard needs to be done every time the pedal makes a new connection to the tablet. Unfortunately, PageFlips have auto-disconnect when it goes to sleep, and this can not be switched off.
For this and other reasons, I turned in my PageFlip FireFly for an AirTurn Duo.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
Thanks for your input. I'm afraid I have to make the same switch.
(06-10-2015, 09:58 PM)wouterk Wrote: Thanks for your input. I'm afraid I have to make the same switch.

Or build you own for less - http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...p?tid=2254
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(06-10-2015, 10:58 PM)GraemeJ Wrote:
(06-10-2015, 09:58 PM)wouterk Wrote: Thanks for your input. I'm afraid I have to make the same switch.

Or build you own for less - http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...p?tid=2254

Wow! Nice solutions but I think I still have to buy one. I need it this Saturday..