• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
image capture with circle
When I take a picture of sheet music, the image pops up inside a circle. Can someone tell me how to stop this from happening? I've used my Surface Pro 4 tablet to take pictures of sheet music before and Mobile Sheets pro didn't do this.  Any ideas?
Just to verify - if you take a picture of the sheet music, a circle is present on the captured image? Or are you seeing a circle on the image preview before you take the picture?
(09-17-2018, 01:26 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Just to verify - if you take a picture of the sheet music, a circle is present on the captured image? Or are you seeing a circle on the image preview before you take the picture?

Yes, after the image has been captured, but before I try to crop it, there is a circle there. When I go to crop it, the entire image has been focused in on just the part that is in the circle rather than the entire page.
I've looked through every option for the camera on my Surface Pro 4 and I can't find any way to reproduce what you are seeing. I'm starting to believe that it's the camera lens itself or some hardware issue instead of software, as I also can't find anything about that while doing searches on Google. Sorry I can't help more but I have no idea what could be causing that. If you use the camera app outside MobileSheets, do you see the same problem?
I hope you don't mind if I revive this thread (I'm happy to create a new one). I came across this same issue today while trying to create a song from taking photos. I'm on a Surface Pro 7. I took a screenshot showing the window that appeared after taking the picture (labeled 'photos') with the circle: https://i.imgur.com/qF4YP5J.jpg

When I took pictures just using the camera app and importing the file, it wasn't an issue.
I saw the same problem myself, so instead of relying on the camera app (which is what Microsoft's framework does if you utilize their "easy" solution), I've created my own picture taking feature for MobileSheets. It works better and supports utilizing any supported resolution of the camera as well as rotation and cropping. The rotation feature also supports rotation of any angle so that alignment issues can be fixed. I think users will be far happier with this than the built-in camera app as Microsoft's framework has some serious issues with that. I found that if I rotated an image taken by their camera app, the file for the image would disappear off the device. 

I will be including this functionality with the next update which I'm currently working on finishing.

Mike
(01-09-2020, 01:22 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I saw the same problem myself, so instead of relying on the camera app (which is what Microsoft's framework does if you utilize their "easy" solution), I've created my own picture taking feature for MobileSheets. It works better and supports utilizing any supported resolution of the camera as well as rotation and cropping. The rotation feature also supports rotation of any angle so that alignment issues can be fixed. I think users will be far happier with this than the built-in camera app as Microsoft's framework has some serious issues with that. I found that if I rotated an image taken by their camera app, the file for the image would disappear off the device. 

I will be including this functionality with the next update which I'm currently working on finishing.

Mike

Fantastic, thanks for the update.