• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handling merton layout
I am a Mobilesheets newbie.  I have imported a pdf file from imslp which has 37 pages laid out with 2 pages to an a4 landscape page.  

I believe this is know as the Merton-Ourtext system.  "The pages have been arranged 2-up in imposition (booklet) order for duplex printing on A4 paper"

By using crop I can correctly display pages 1 to 19 as full-page pages, but how do I display page 20 onwards?

thank you for any reply!
By doubling them in the page preferences so you don't have 1-19 but 1,1,2,2,3,3....19,19 and cropping the other part of the additional pages? Well you have to sort them accordingly but you get the gist.
(09-22-2018, 02:03 PM)BRX Wrote: By doubling them in the page preferences so you don't have 1-19 but 1,1,2,2,3,3....19,19 and cropping the other part of the additional pages? Well you have to sort them accordingly but you get the gist.

Thank you for your reply.  I am still struggling with this, despite browsing the manual.  

1.  How do I double the pages in "page preferences".  I cannot find this.

2.  Assuming I do the above, I will then have 38 cropped pages instead of 19.  How do I reorder?  I cannot find the right button.

Sorry if I am being dense!

J
NP. 

You have to get to the edit screen of the song (either by long press from a list or from within by tapping the pencil symbol at the top). The second tab is the files tab and you see
the entry for the pages at the bottom you can edit. You have to sort the pages in the correct order manually (probably 1,20,2,21 ... if I understood this Merton correctly) and can crop them as needed. 

Yes you will have 38 cropped pages instead of 19 but you can them browse as single pages in the right order then.

I assume you want to have all pages under one song entry. If there are different songs in the booklet you could save them as separate entries in the MSP database as well.
Your not being dense - you just don't know where to look

Select the Collection or Set list (or Songs) that displays/contains a song you want to alter
Long Press on the song name until it becomes selected with a tick mark
Click Edit on the top menu
Choose the 2nd tab (Files)
Half way down is page order; click on that and change to 1-19, 1-19   (or use ranges and/or comma list to get pages in correct order)
You now now go and crop the 2nd group of pages (as you did the first pages)

Not sure if you need to rotate pages  but that is at the bottom of the same page (I'm assuming the rotation is on a per page basis, slected using the slider at the bottom of the page).

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Geoff, many thanks.  All becomes clear...

J