• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backing up tablet to mobile phone
I have a tablet and phone (both Android) and I like to keep MSP on both, backing up MSP on the phone from the tablet when needed. The default storage locations on each were the same i.e. Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files. This worked fine, until I shifted the files on the tablet to a new default location on an SD card. Now when I do a backup (via MSP companion) and specify the default destination (as before) on the phone, it looks for the files at a location similar to the tablet's SD card, which of course doesn't exist. The msb file doesn't contain "settings". I don't know what is happening - please help!
Tangodon,

What location did you select on the SD card? Is the problem occurring when creating the backup file on your PC through the companion app? Or when restoring a backup file you already created? Hopefully I can reproduce the issue once I know more.

Thanks,
Mike
On the tablet, all my music files are in /storage/9C33-6BBD/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files, which is set as the default location. I have made a new backup from this, on my W10 pc, without settings information, and restored it to the phone. On the phone, all the same music files are now in its default location: i.e. storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files (where I can see them using ES File Explorer). 

If I try to run a song from the phone, it seems to work OK if the song is one that I recently added to the tablet (i.e. since I changed the tablet storage location to the SD card). However, if I try to run any song dating from before that, e.g. a song titled All of me, which runs on the tablet from a file All of me.pdf, I get this message:

File /storage/9C33-6BBD/
Android/data/com.zubersoft
.mobilesheetspro/files/All of 
me/All of me.pdf does not
exist.

- which of course is reasonable since there is no such address on the phone. However, the file All of me.pdf is present on the phone where I would expect it to be, i.e. in its default location.

The tablet runs on Android 7.0, and the phone on Android 6.0

Thanks for your help.