• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Basic Question about File Locations and Work Flow
Is this a good workflow/file location approach? Would you do it differently?

1) Load all files (audio and PDF) on the SD card.

2) In settings, turn off the option to have MSP manage the file locations (putting them in the database)

3) (Since I work on the backing tracks on my PC) When I add a tune, transfer it to the file location on the tablet, and then use MSP (or Companion) to include it in MSP's list.

My motive for using the files outside of the MSP location is 

1) It saves having two copies of each tune.

2) If I have a problem with MSP, I can continue performing by using the files in a player.

Is my thinking muddled on any of this? Please, any thoughts are very welcome. I hate the idea that I could start wasting time going about this the wrong way. I have read the manual, and I don't think it really addresses the big picture things that folks deeply involved might tend to take for granted compared to a not-very-technical new user. The result is that folks can get off on the wrong foot. (I tend to feel that way about most software manuals, though.) If you think I might have overlooked some key documentation, please let me know. Thanks for any help!

Messages In This Thread
Super Basic Question about File Locations and Work Flow - by BobbyH - 09-30-2018, 06:47 AM