• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Library index
Hej There

I'm in the process of establishing my pc with your software and ran into a problem!

The problem is clear when you see my 6 y. old archive with approx. 3500 pieces half are complete (12 pc. each)
It' is a rather large archive.  I have no intention of transferen all of them to the Mobile Sheet.
Only those that are active -but they need to be there complete. 
In order to handle this mass of info, I have structured the library thus!

[A]  [Adolphe, Adam-Charles]  [O Holy City]  [ Arr: Steven Booth]  [Cornet 1 Bb.Pdf]

When you look at the file name, I gather you can see the problem as all Cornet 1 Voices are thus named. 
This structure are NOT to be changed.

I can see on an older test of your archive that you implemented a 3 digit number on name that was taken already!
How do I invoke this method.

Since naming the files behind your program has no or very little -if any significance to the program, why then not just you just use a number.
If it has any significance you could do much worse if you used the Album name and the instrument as a Library ->filename ! Just a thought!

Kind regards Leo from DK
You will need to manage your own files if you wish to use duplicate files like that. Just disable "Let MobileSheets Manage my Files" under Settings->Storage and then you can organize your files and folders however you like.  I used to provide an option to force file names to be unique, but that caused a lot of headaches under certain scenarios, so I never want to introduce that type of feature again. 

I don't want to modify user's filenames, because many users rely on being able to find those files later. It's also helpful when swapping in new versions of files to be able to actually see the file you are replacing. There are many reasons why I don't believe I should modify the names of the files that users are importing.

Mike
(10-10-2018, 10:32 PM)Zuberman Wrote: You will need to manage your own files if you wish to use duplicate files like that. Just disable "Let MobileSheets Manage my Files" under Settings->Storage and then you can organize your files and folders however you like.  I used to provide an option to force file names to be unique, but that caused a lot of headaches under certain scenarios, so I never want to introduce that type of feature again. 

I don't want to modify user's filenames, because many users rely on being able to find those files later. It's also helpful when swapping in new versions of files to be able to actually see the file you are replacing. There are many reasons why I don't believe I should modify the names of the files that users are importing.

Mike
That's wunderfull! I had not seen that.
By being able to use my own library with it heavy indexing, am I still able to use your other functionalities:-)

Leo from DK
(10-10-2018, 10:40 PM)leo_vedel Wrote: That's wunderfull! I had not seen that.
By being able to use my own library with it heavy indexing, am I still able to use your other functionalities:-)

Leo from DK
Sorry to disturb you, but "Let MobileSheets Manage my Files" under Settings->Storage is nowhere to find!
Mind you I'm running a Danish version which has a "Backup og gendannelse" and a "Lager"
In neither are there anything to that resembles your answer?
I have restarted it, reinstall it, and changed the language on it -twice to be certain.
The "Let mobilesheet handle the files" doe's not exist.
I have checked at MS also twice and it states that I owned the software.
I would have been surprised otherwise!

What now.

Leo from Dk
I hadn't noticed before but under W10 (I assume you use it because your talking about your "PC") and in my current W10 version it indeed isn't either. Mike, is that correct and only a feature for Android now?

But don't worry Leo, for your purpose you don't want MSP to handle the files for you (neither do I) and it should be the default, that it lets you handle files and directories by default (at least it does for me).
I apologize for the confusion - I thought you were using the Android version and did not check the forum that the post was in. For the Windows 10 version, you can manage your own files, but only if they are under the storage location. So if you have your files/folders all under C:\MobileSheets for example, set C:\MobileSheets as your storage location before importing anything. Now if you import any files or folders under C:\MobileSheets , they will not be copied, moved or impacted in any way. This is how you accomplish the same thing on Windows 10 as disabling the "manage my files" setting on Android. The reason I can't provide the same setting on Windows 10 is that the Windows 10 programming interface for store applications has extreme restrictions when it comes to file access. Store apps are only allowed to access files in a folder that either a user has explicitly granted permission for them to use or in the default application data directory (which is the default storage location in MobileSheets). By selecting a folder as the storage location, you are granting MobileSheets permission to access any file or folder under that folder. Hopefully that clears things up a little.

Mike
(10-11-2018, 04:40 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I apologize for the confusion - I thought you were using the Android version and did not check the forum that the post was in. For the Windows 10 version, you can manage your own files, but only if they are under the storage location. So if you have your files/folders all under C:\MobileSheets for example, set C:\MobileSheets as your storage location before importing anything. Now if you import any files or folders under C:\MobileSheets , they will not be copied, moved or impacted in any way. This is how you accomplish the same thing on Windows 10 as disabling the "manage my files" setting on Android. The reason I can't provide the same setting on Windows 10 is that the Windows 10 programming interface for store applications has extreme restrictions when it comes to file access. Store apps are only allowed to access files in a folder that either a user has explicitly granted permission for them to use or in the default application data directory (which is the default storage location in MobileSheets). By selecting a folder as the storage location, you are granting MobileSheets permission to access any file or folder under that folder. Hopefully that clears things up a little.

Mike
Thanks -this works!

Only a small Q's!

I seem to have mislaid the field for "Instrument" how do I re-establish this? 

And a wish!

To be allowed to decide whether the program or I is to set a name i "Title"
As it is it the program selects the file name which make it the same as a instrument in my library!

Kind regards Leo from DK
Thanks -this works!

Only a small Q's!

I seem to have mislaid the field for "Instrument" how do I re-establish this? 

And a wish!

To be allowed to decide whether the program or I is to set a name i "Title"
As it is it the program selects the file name which make it the same as a instrument in my library!

Kind regards Leo from DK