• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest update to MS causing problems?
I opened MS today, and many of my imported pdf files are blank, except for the annotations that I had added to them. If there were no annotations on the file, then the pages are completely blank. Not all pdfs, but many of them look like this. 
Was there something in the latest update that would cause this to happen? Is there a setting somewhere that would cause this?
thanks
Surface 4, 4GB
TuneLab
If you switch Settings->Display Settings->Render Preference to "Speed", do your PDFs render correctly? Can you send one of the PDFs that doesn't work to mike@zubersoft.com? I may have to revert changes I made to the PDF rendering library if the latest version has bugs.

Thanks,
Mike
(11-01-2018, 01:54 PM)Zuberman Wrote: If you switch Settings->Display Settings->Render Preference to "Speed", do your PDFs render correctly? Can you send one of the PDFs that doesn't work to mike@zubersoft.com? I may have to revert changes I made to the PDF rendering library if the latest version has bugs.

Thanks,
Mike

Yes, once I change it to 'Speed', they render correctly. I'll send you one of them.
Thanks for the quick reply.
Surface 4, 4GB
TuneLab
For anyone else that checks this thread - I'm reverting the PDF library used for "Quality" rendering to the previous version as it doesn't appear to load all files correctly. This will be included with the update that Microsoft should hopefully approve by tomorrow. The workaround is to switch the render preference to "Speed".

Mike
(11-01-2018, 12:37 PM)rrrpiano Wrote: I opened MS today, and many of my imported pdf files are blank, except for the annotations that I had added to them. If there were no annotations on the file, then the pages are completely blank. Not all pdfs, but many of them look like this. 
Was there something in the latest update that would cause this to happen? Is there a setting somewhere that would cause this?
thanks

I have a problem loading all mp3-files since the latest update. All files are in the correct folder, but mobilesheets won't load and play them.
I put back an older backup, but that did not help. Resotring wa also problematic. I had to perform the procedure twice, before backup was restored properly.
I responded to your other post, but I'll respond here as well:

I submitted an update to Microsoft last night that will disable the new audio engine by default, so once the update is available (hopefully later today), your mp3 files will work again. I apologize for any inconvenience the update has caused. As for why the mp3 files are not playing, the new audio engine doesn't support mpeg3 layer 2 audio files (only layer 3), and it also won't load any mp3 files with special characters anywhere in the path (such as umlauts, accent marks, etc). 

Mike