• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mp3-files won''t load and play since latest update (windows10)
Since latest update all mp3-files won't load and play.
I restored the library with an older backup-file (I had to restore twice, before restoring was succesfull...), that did not help, so I put back my latest backup. This time I also had to do the procedure twice.

Is the update the cause af this problem?
The mp3's are in the correct folder, I can see them in File explorer and I can play them with another mp3-player.
I submitted an update to Microsoft last night that will disable the new audio engine by default, so once the update is available (hopefully later today), your mp3 files will work again. I apologize for any inconvenience the update has caused. As for why the mp3 files are not playing, the new audio engine doesn't support mpeg3 layer 2 audio files (only layer 3), and it also won't load any mp3 files with special characters anywhere in the path (such as umlauts, accent marks, etc). 

Mike
(11-02-2018, 02:11 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I submitted an update to Microsoft last night that will disable the new audio engine by default, so once the update is available (hopefully later today), your mp3 files will work again. I apologize for any inconvenience the update has caused. As for why the mp3 files are not playing, the new audio engine doesn't support mpeg3 layer 2 audio files (only layer 3), and it also won't load any mp3 files with special characters anywhere in the path (such as umlauts, accent marks, etc). 

Mike

This failure is very inconvenient as I have a rehearsal tonight and need to play the audio-files. Luckily is it not a show for an audience. That would have been really bad. So please, be very carefull when updating mobilesheets. Some people, like me, really depend on it. Sad
Jan,

I really do apologize. I tested about 50 different mp3s from my collection, and all of them played without any issues. I'm not sure I even had a single mp3 anywhere that wouldn't have played, as I don't have older mp3 files with layer 2, and none of my audio files have special characters in them. I may need to see if there is interest from any users in being part of a beta testing group for big updates like this one, as I just don't think I have the ability to catch all of the possible errors. For example, not a single PDF I tested had any problems with the update, but users have contacted me and said certain PDFs show up blank (this is also fixed in the update I've submitted). So I think having a group of dedicated testers might be the only way to catch these kinds of issues beforehand. 

If you need an immediate update, I can switch you over to the Windows 10 version sold on my store which I can update immediately without having to wait for approval (the new version is already available for download off my server). Send me an email at mike@zubersoft.com if you would like to do this.

Mike
Hello,
I have the same Problem after the last update (Surface Pro 4 - Windows 10).
Non of my mp3s play anymore.
MS Surface Pro 4
Samsung Galaxy Note 12.2
Same problem here. Waiting for the fix.
MSP on Samsung Galaxy TabPro S 12.2" Windows version
MSP on Huawei T5 Android tablet 10.2"
MSP on Acer Chromebook Spin 13 13.5" 3:2 ar.
AirTurn BT-200/S-4 page turner
Donner BT page turner
BiLi pro USB page turner
The 2.4.0 update is available on the Microsoft Store as of this morning. Just search for MobileSheets on the Microsoft Store and tap the update button on the store page. 

Mike
Thanks for the update, now all sound files loads just as before. But tap to the note icon in library doesn´t start the sound file, only loads the sheet.
MSP on Samsung Galaxy TabPro S 12.2" Windows version
MSP on Huawei T5 Android tablet 10.2"
MSP on Acer Chromebook Spin 13 13.5" 3:2 ar.
AirTurn BT-200/S-4 page turner
Donner BT page turner
BiLi pro USB page turner
I can't seem to reproduce that issue. If I tap the note icon, the audio always starts. Is anyone else experiencing that problem?

Thanks,
Mike
(11-04-2018, 10:08 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I can't seem to reproduce that issue. If I tap the note icon, the audio always starts. Is anyone else experiencing that problem?

Thanks,
Mike
I have the same Problem (Surface Pro 4) withe "tap the note icon"
Since the last Update (2.4.0) I can play my mp3s with the "old" player.
MS Surface Pro 4
Samsung Galaxy Note 12.2
Same here (Win10 PC). Tap the note icon opens the sheet without playing the audio.

But it can be started manually from there.

Also if I try to activate the experimental player in the settings there's immediately the warning that is "unable to load" the mp3 (which worked just before the change of the setting).
Switching back it works again.
Sorry for German:

Seit dem letzten Update auf MS 2.4.2 funktioniert das Starten der Mp3s beim klicken auf den Listen-Butten wieder.

Leider geht der "neue" Player auf Windows noch nicht. Auf Android funktioniert das schneller/langsamer Abspielen der Mp3s. Ich liebe dieses Feature für meinen Saxophon-Unterricht. Wann wird es für Windows aktiviert?

@Mike: Good Job, Good Work. Thanks a lot for your commitment.
MS Surface Pro 4
Samsung Galaxy Note 12.2
An update has already been submitted to Microsoft as of Monday night to fix some of the issues with the new audio player on Windows. I'm trying to work with SuperpoweredAudio (the company/library I'm using for audio) to address some of the issues, but they haven't committed to making any changes for me. So I've implemented workarounds in the meantime. There are two issues that can stop audio from working in 2.4.2:

1) If you've changed the storage location, audio won't work (the Superpowered audio library fails to open every file due to permissions)

2) If your audio files have special characters in them, the Superpowered audio library won't load the files, as it doesn't support unicode, severely limiting what characters are supported.

To get around those two issues, I now have to copy every audio file into the application cache folder before playing it, and I try to strip any characters out of the name which would cause it to fail to load. It's really unfortunate that I have to do this, but there is no better answer until the Superpowered library is changed.

Mike
2.4.2 is the latest?

But your workaround isn't implemented yet, is it? Because I can't load the audio files with Superpowered (I have changed the storage location).
2.4.2 is the latest, 2.4.3 is not yet available (hopefully by the end of today, depends on Microsoft).  I found with 2.4.2 that if my audio files were under C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState that I could load them without any problems.

Mike