• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 finger tap to add annotations? Not working now :-(
This was working for me a few days ago, but now a 3 finger tap on a sheet does not enter annotation mode.
Perhaps I messed up something in settings (had to reinstall Windows and MS today).
I checked Settings > Touch&PedalSettings > Touch Actions, and the "3 finger tap" is set to "annotate song".
Is there some other setting that overrides this?
thanks
Rod
Surface 4, 4GB
TuneLab
It seems to be working for me on my Surface Pro 4. Is anyone else experiencing issues with the three finger tap to access the annotations editor?
Well, since I see no other comments, looks like it's likely a problem with my Surface Pro 4.......
Sad
Surface 4, 4GB
TuneLab
I'll try to look into this some more. Can you zip up the settings files under C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState and send them to mike@zubersoft.com? I want to test with your exact settings to see if maybe the issue is related to that.

Thanks,
Mike
Some experimenting shows:
If I set "3 finger tap" to "go to end of song", "toggle night mode", or "go to start of song", the 3 finger tap works properly.
But if I set it to "annotate song" it does nothing.
I tried the various settings for "2 finger tap", and got the same correct results.

It appears to me that this problem has nothing to do with "3 finger tap", but more to do with the "annotate song" selection in the Touch&Pedal settings.

I'll try reinstalling MS to my Surface pro 4 and report what I see.
Surface 4, 4GB
TuneLab
(11-03-2018, 03:06 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I'll try to look into this some more. Can you zip up the settings files under C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState and send them to mike@zubersoft.com? I want to test with your exact settings to see if maybe the issue is related to that.

Thanks,
Mike

Will do, just saw your post....thanks
Surface 4, 4GB
TuneLab
That sounds to me like you have performance mode enabled. Tap the lock icon in the floating toolbar at the bottom right corner of the library screen to disable performance mode. Let me know if that's what the problem is.

Mike

EDIT:

The settings file you sent me says that performance mode is disabled, so I guess that can't be it. I'll continue testing.
I reinstalled MS and it's working now. Weird.
But thanks for looking.... I'll post again if this problem reappears.
Rod
Surface 4, 4GB
TuneLab
(11-02-2018, 02:54 PM)Zuberman Wrote: It seems to be working for me on my Surface Pro 4. Is anyone else experiencing issues with the three finger tap to access the annotations editor?

It also happens for me once in a while. Three-finger tap stops working at one point while running the app, but usually a restart of the app solves the problem. I don't know what triggers it though...
I did some thorough testing and was able to reproduce issues where three finger tapping (and even tapping in general) would stop working. I have fixes in place to prevent this now.

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks for the great support, Mike!
Surface 4, 4GB
TuneLab