• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chord Pro File Import Title & Subtitle
I have some TXT files that I converted to Chord Pro format using Chordsmith, a java app that I found. It automatically inserted all of the Chord Pro codes from a text file containing chords & lyrics. When I import in to MS, the chords display mostly correctly, the the title and subtitle fields do not (well, none of the "fields" seem to display correctly). For example for title I see {t: Title of Song} rather than Title of Song at the top of the page. Does MS not recognize all of the Chord Pro coding? Or could I be doing something wrong in the text file? Does it matter that the text file is name song.txt? Does it need to be named something like song.pro instead? Thanks. - Rich B
It seems MSPro does not recognize it as a ChordPro file, and renders it as text.
Can you attach such a file?
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
I've used Chordsmith to convert text files to chordpro, never seen a problem.  I suspect this may be a case of the wrong extent?
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
It does need to be named with .pro, .cho, .chordpro or .chopro. If it's named .txt, it will be treated as a normal text file. 

Mike
Thanks for everyone's replies. I've attached the file if anyone has a sec to look at it to see if there's an issue. It should just be a regular TXT file. Thanks!

Attached Files
.txt   My Protector (Help Me to Heal) (Chord Chart & Lyrics) [Final] [ChordPro].txt (Size: 1.54 KB / Downloads: 3)
You need to rename that .txt at the end to .cho or .pro. Then it will be interpreted as a chord pro file.

Mike
(11-16-2018, 12:33 PM)Zuberman Wrote: You need to rename that .txt at the end to .cho or .pro. Then it will be interpreted as a chord pro file.

Mike

OK, I wondered  I think I asked if that was something I needed to do in my original post  I probably should just have tried it  :-)
(11-17-2018, 07:02 AM)rcbjr2 Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 12:33 PM)Zuberman Wrote: You need to rename that .txt at the end to .cho or .pro. Then it will be interpreted as a chord pro file.

Mike

OK, I wondered  I think I asked if that was something I needed to do in my original post  I probably should just have tried it  :-)

I thought I'd pointed you in you right direction with my reply.  Hope you're sorted now?
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here