• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Tablets - Page offset
Hi. I have multiple Android tablets, and have been trying to work out a way to use two of them to display my music whilst playing in a band. What I would like is to use two tablets to display two pages of music. Very much like in two-page mode, but using a separate tablet (in portrait mode) for each page. I can very nearly do this with the "Connect Tablets" option, by allowing the master to turn pages on the slaves, and simply moving the slave to the 2nd page, however that does work when crossing from one song to the next (in a setlist). Or if I accidentally try to go to the previous page when I'm on the first page. At that point the tablet both end up viewing the same page.

What would be good is the ability to set a page offset for each slave. That way the slave could always be 1 page ahead of the master (or more, if more tablets are connected). Hopefully that wouldn't be too much of a change from what the connected tablets mode already does.

Thanks.
I'm going to be introducing a "Book Mode" option for the Connect Devices feature which will do what you want. This is only designed to work with two tablets though. I don't think a page offset option is sufficient to handle all of the various scenarios that can be encountered while trying to use multiple tablets at once for viewing. For example, if you have a page offset, but the number of pages in the song/setlist is not divisible by the number of tablets, you'll have the issue where multiple tablets may wind up showing the last page of the song instead of just showing a blank screen (which I would think is what you really want to reduce confusion). My goal with the book mode is to handle all of the situations where one of the tablets should be showing a blank screen instead of a page. If enough people are going to use three or more tablets for viewing, then I will consider trying to add support for more than two tablets with the book mode feature, but it may ncrease the complexity a lot, so I'd like to avoid it if posisble.

Mike
That's great to hear. Two tablets should be fine. I doubt I'd ever use any more than that in reality. Thanks!
Since today I own two tablets and so far I can connect both tablets in Master/Slave Mode. In synchronous mode (each tablet shows the same score) things are working perfect but if I try to operate in book mode the slave tablet shows the first page of the score and remains there no page turning at all. I tried nearly every combination and in some constellations the slave tablets goes to a black screen.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A couple of questions:

1) Are you connecting the devices using WiFi or Bluetooth? If you are using Bluetooth, can you try WiFi and let me know if it works better for you? There are some issues with bluetooth that will be fixed with the next update so I just want to eliminate those as a potential problem.
2) Are both devices running version 2.4.9? This is important to ensure there are no compatibility problems between the devices.
3) How many pages are the songs you are trying to test? Are you loading a single song or a setlist?

Thanks,
Mike
(02-12-2019, 03:07 AM)Zuberman Wrote: A couple of questions:

1) Are you connecting the devices using WiFi or Bluetooth? If you are using Bluetooth, can you try WiFi and let me know if it works better for you? There are some issues with > bluetooth that will be fixed with the next update so I just want to eliminate those as a potential problem.

Quote:First I tried bluetooth and after having troubles to get the bookmode running I tried the wifi connection. Bluetooth is somewhat unclear whether the other tablet is connected or not once the pairing is done.

2) Are both devices running version 2.4.9? This is important to ensure there are no compatibility problems between the devices.

Quote:Both devices have 2.4.9.

3) How many pages are the songs you are trying to test? Are you loading a single song or a setlist?

Quote:The song I like to see on both tablets is about 17 pages (PDF). I saw that the slave tablet is showing an other current/total of pages (perhaps the total pages of the setlist) when I tap in to the black screen. But yes I always startet calling scores from a setlist.

Hope that helps
I'm going to be doing some additional testing with the book mode today before the release of the next update. What are the two devices that you are testing with (i.e. both Windows, both Android, one of each)? If you experience this problem with every song/setlist you've tried, then I shouldn't need a copy of the setlist you are using.

Thanks,
Mike
(02-12-2019, 04:20 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I'm going to be doing some additional testing with the book mode today before the release of the next update. What are the two devices that you are testing with (i.e. both Windows, both Android, one of each)? If you experience this problem with every song/setlist you've tried, then I shouldn't need a copy of the setlist you are using.

Thanks,
Mike

Both Devices are on Android. If you like to have a backup of my Database I can you provide a link to my Google Drive per p.m.

Thanks & Regards
Herbie
(02-12-2019, 05:16 AM)xherbie Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 04:20 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I'm going to be doing some additional testing with the book mode today before the release of the next update. What are the two devices that you are testing with (i.e. both Windows, both Android, one of each)? If you experience this problem with every song/setlist you've tried, then I shouldn't need a copy of the setlist you are using.

Thanks,
Mike
I did an other test with no setlist from the Songlist. Then things are working like expectet. But there is an other issue in this constellation. The slave tablet is not finding the song (identified by songid,  with all other identifiers its the same). On the master tablet I restored a backup today and the slave tablet contains the original scores. As far as I can see the scores are stored somewhere else on the restored master tablet. When I load the song in the slave tablet by hand then the page turning is working correct. Hope that I can make things clear with my poor English.

Best regards
Herbie
Herbie,

If you can share a backup file and let me know what song or setlist to load, that would be great. I'll see if I can identify where the problem is.

Thanks,
Mike