• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Set List Durations
@itsme

Thanks for the hints but they only partly help:

1) The Song Title Formatting doesn't recognise DURATION as a keyword; well it doesn't show it as a keyword, and it also didn't work when I manually typed it (with and without an S)
2) Filtering for a duration of 0 when displaying a setlist does help in that it restricts the input collection(s) to those with no duration. However, I still have to scroll the right pane to identify highlighted songs (the highlight indicates that the song is in the setlist). I then need to write down the names of the indicated songs so I know which ones need their durations set.

Ideally one doesn't want to scroll the right pane because this would be really annoying for a large database.

What one needs is to be able to easily identify offending songs in the left hand (setlist) pane because this will only have about 20 entries (say)

Using the Caption mechanism (if it recognised Duration) would work for me because I don't currently use this to display anything else (but others might). However, it does require me to go into Settings to enable/disable it (extra operations; being able to enable /disable Captions directly from the 3 dots would make it more usable). 

Displaying a 0 duration in the captions would save me having to write down the names of offending songs. This would simplifying selecting each offender.

Still a pain because, after timing a song, one has to plough through the menus to update the duration field.

Still have to exit from a set list to see it's running duration (in the list of setlists)

Obviously, the problem diminishes as more duration fields are completed - but they will never all be filled in i.e. one will always need to do most of these actions just in case one has inadvertently selected a song without a duration. It would therefore be nice if there was an easy way to identify/update the songs with the minimum of menu operations.

Having a default duration for a song has some merit in that the set list times will be more accurate than just using 0. This might work for some but, when several songs have no duration, I'd prefer to set the default to 0 because I can then easily recognise that the running time is rubbish ( if I set it to 3 mins say, I might believe an incorrect setlist duration).

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6

Messages In This Thread
Set List Durations - by Geoff Bacon - 12-05-2018, 06:12 PM
RE: Set List Durations - by itsme - 12-07-2018, 07:17 AM
RE: Set List Durations - by Geoff Bacon - 12-07-2018, 09:27 AM
RE: Set List Durations - by itsme - 12-08-2018, 08:27 AM
RE: Set List Durations - by Geoff Bacon - 12-08-2018, 09:54 AM
RE: Set List Durations - by itsme - 12-08-2018, 10:38 PM
RE: Set List Durations - by Geoff Bacon - 12-09-2018, 01:00 AM