• 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mobile Sheets for iOS!
(08-23-2021, 03:09 AM)Roger Wrote:
(05-23-2021, 04:41 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: In the next few months? No, I don't think I have any shot of finishing it in that timeframe. I'm way behind schedule on where I wanted to be with the iOS version due to how much attention I've had to spend on the Android/Windows 10 versions since the 3.0.0 update. Things are more stable now, so I'm making solid progress on the iOS development, but I still have a long ways to go unfortunately.

Mike

Thanks, Mike,  good luck with it,
I'm just taking another chance to say how grateful I am for your work.

This probably won't make me popular, but I think you need to get more money from us, maybe a yearly fee comparable to the one-time fee I paid for my MSP or even a bit more. I don't see how you have managed such a workload on the money I and others have paid to you. Rather that than lose you and MSP.
I appreciate you saying that. The reason I can manage is I'm just a single developer, so I don't have much overhead and I'm still attracting a lot of new users. If I ever get to the point where revenue has dropped too much, I'll probably have a conversation about the community with it at that point, but hopefully that won't happen. You don't have to worry about me going anywhere though.

Thanks,
Mike
As everybody here, very happy with MSP, and eager to see the same quality also on my iPad.
Is there any update on the planned release on iOS since May?  Thanks for your work!

Atle
Steady progress has been made, but work was derailed for around a month due to changes that had to be implemented due to Android 11 along with various issues that had to be addressed on Windows 10. I'm back to it and still doing what I can to get a beta ready as soon as possible, hopefully within the next month or two (barring any huge obstacles).

Mike
(11-03-2021, 05:44 PM)spencer Wrote: This probably won't make me popular, but I think you need to get more money from us, maybe a yearly fee comparable to the one-time fee I paid for my MSP or even a bit more. I don't see how you have managed such a workload on the money I and others have paid to you. Rather that than lose you and MSP.

This is what Mike wrote in 2017 when I thought the same and wanted to "buy a beer"/make a donation for developing this amazing app:

(02-08-2017, 03:48 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: otnt - If you are feeling really generous, I do have a paypal account at mzuber23@hotmail.com, but I'm just happy to finally get you this feature as I know you've been patiently waiting for it for awhile now.
Mike

Perhaps Mike could confirm if this email address is still valid to send some goodies via PayPal.
I'm still missing donation button either on this forum or on Mike's zubersoft.com website.
Every second YouTuber have either Patreon or selling merchandise for creating stupid videos. I always compare these to something unbelievably useful as this app.
Thank you otnt - I actually have mike@zubersoft.com set up as a PayPal address now, so that would be the preferred one. I will gratefully accept anything users want to send my way - I'm just thankful to have a great community of users and an app that is providing value to musicians. As long as I can keep attracting new users, the lack of a recurring fee for existing users isn't a problem. I am going to bring on some part-time help to take care of some of the customer support to free up a little additional time for me (so I can speed up the new development), so you will see Julie@Zubersoft posting on the forums and responding to emails soon. 

Mike
(12-12-2021, 10:10 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Thank you otnt - I actually have mike@zubersoft.com set up as a PayPal address now, so that would be the preferred one. I will gratefully accept anything users want to send my way - I'm just thankful to have a great community of users and an app that is providing value to musicians. As long as I can keep attracting new users, the lack of a recurring fee for existing users isn't a problem. I am going to bring on some part-time help to take care of some of the customer support to free up a little additional time for me (so I can speed up the new development), so you will see Julie@Zubersoft posting on the forums and responding to emails soon. 

Mike

Many users like your work and would like to support you via Donate/Buy Me a Coffee button.
Could you please create one because this post will get buried in time.
I would like to see it on both - on the top of this forum and on your main website.
I've added a donate button to the main website and you'll see a new option in the navigation bar in the forum. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mike
(12-12-2021, 04:39 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Steady progress has been made, but work was derailed for around a month due to changes that had to be implemented due to Android 11 along with various issues that had to be addressed on Windows 10. I'm back to it and still doing what I can to get a beta ready as soon as possible, hopefully within the next month or two (barring any huge obstacles).

Mike

Hi there, Mike!

I just switched to an iPad and am having trouble deciding what to do about a music reader app. 

I’ve always used MobileSheets Pro and love it and since you said you’d have a beta version in about a month or two I’m tempted to not buy ForScore (which seems to be the go to for iOS) and use some free app with less features for a few months and then get MobileSheets Pro for my iPad when it gets here. 

My questions are:
1. Will it really be only a couple months? I know it’s hard to answer, but it would be nice to know how confident you are about that ETA. 
2. Will I be able to get the Pro version directly or will I have to buy it again? And if so, how much would it cost?
3. How easy will the file transfer be from one to the other? Can I just import a backup of my old library?

I realize you might not have complete answers for all the questions but whatever you can give me would help a lot in this decision, which I’ll have to make quickly. 

Thank you!
1. So I have all of the back end code complete (all of the code for populating the library from the database), as well as the code for handling much of the annotations functionality. What is left is all of the UI work (the various dialogs, screens, etc). It's definitely handled in a different manner on iOS, so I'm working through figuring out all the differences right now. As I work through some of the initial research and growing pains, I should have a sense for how long it takes me to implement some of the UI pieces, and I should be able to provide a more accurate estimate on the potential end date. I can't be 100% confident about having it all done in February, but I will post updates as I progress further. Initially I was wanting to release the beta in stages, so that users could provide feedback about different parts of the application, but it seems like TestFlight is set up in such a way that I really need to have a mostly finished version of the product ready for testing before I can utilize it. So when the beta starts, it will cover the entire application from the start. Also be aware that my goal is to have the beta started in February - not for a public release of the application to be ready in February. The official release may not be until April or May, depending on how long the beta takes. 

2. A separate one-time purchase will be required for the iOS version, as I will be selling it through Apple's app store and there is no way around that. MobileSheetsPro is currently priced at $12.99, but it will most likely be increased to $14.99 in the near future.

3. I'm designing it so that all features will work across all operating systems. That means you can transfer a backup file from Android or Windows 10 and restore that on iOS and have immediate access to your entire library. Similarly, features like the library sync will work across platforms.

I know a lot of people are anxiously waiting for the iOS version and I'm going as fast as I can, but as I'm having to learn the ins and outs of iOS as I go, some of the initial research is taking extra time. I'm also updating some of my tools to automate things like transferring the localization files over from Android to iOS, so there is up front work that saves me time down the line. I'm also getting some part time help with some of the customer support starting next year which will free up additional time for me to speed up the development.

Mike
(12-26-2021, 12:19 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: 1. So I have all of the back end code complete (all of the code for populating the library from the database), as well as the code for handling much of the annotations functionality. What is left is all of the UI work (the various dialogs, screens, etc). It's definitely handled in a different manner on iOS, so I'm working through figuring out all the differences right now. As I work through some of the initial research and growing pains, I should have a sense for how long it takes me to implement some of the UI pieces, and I should be able to provide a more accurate estimate on the potential end date. I can't be 100% confident about having it all done in February, but I will post updates as I progress further. Initially I was wanting to release the beta in stages, so that users could provide feedback about different parts of the application, but it seems like TestFlight is set up in such a way that I really need to have a mostly finished version of the product ready for testing before I can utilize it. So when the beta starts, it will cover the entire application from the start. Also be aware that my goal is to have the beta started in February - not for a public release of the application to be ready in February. The official release may not be until April or May, depending on how long the beta takes. 

2. A separate one-time purchase will be required for the iOS version, as I will be selling it through Apple's app store and there is no way around that. MobileSheetsPro is currently priced at $12.99, but it will most likely be increased to $14.99 in the near future.

3. I'm designing it so that all features will work across all operating systems. That means you can transfer a backup file from Android or Windows 10 and restore that on iOS and have immediate access to your entire library. Similarly, features like the library sync will work across platforms.

I know a lot of people are anxiously waiting for the iOS version and I'm going as fast as I can, but as I'm having to learn the ins and outs of iOS as I go, some of the initial research is taking extra time. I'm also updating some of my tools to automate things like transferring the localization files over from Android to iOS, so there is up front work that saves me time down the line. I'm also getting some part time help with some of the customer support starting next year which will free up additional time for me to speed up the development.

Mike

Thanks so much for your quick answer! I really appreciate the work you do, you are the most awesome dev. 
This info is really helpful, it’s easier to wait when I have a better picture of what’s happening and what’s to come. 
Don’t mind us impatient people, you are doing an amazing job and I believe most of us trust that the time you’re taking is necessary to get a great final result. 
Thanks again!
Hallo, ich bin ganz neu hier und verwende MobileSheets Pro auf einem Samsung Tab S3 seit einiger Zeit. Ich muss sagen, es gefällt mir wirklich außerordentlich gut! Leider ist mir die Darstellung auf dem S3 ein wenig zu klein (die alten müden Augen sind schuld) und ich würde sehr gerne auf ein IPad Pro 12.9 Zoll umsteigen. Und nun bin ich zufällig auf diesen Threat gestoßen und darf mich freuen, dass es in der (nahen?) Zukunft eine Version für das IPad geben wird. Wie man vielleicht unschwer erkennen kann komme ich aus dem kleinen Deutschland und stelle mich gerne als Betatester für die deutsche aber auch für die englische Version der App zur Verfügung. 

P.S. Ich hoffe, der Google-Übersetzer macht seine Arbeit hier einigermaßen gut Wink Mein englisch ist einfach zu schlecht  Big Grin 

LG Rudi
(01-04-2022, 04:35 AM)Rudi Ratlos Wrote: Hallo, ich bin ganz neu hier und verwende MobileSheets Pro auf einem Samsung Tab S3 seit einiger Zeit. Ich muss sagen, es gefällt mir wirklich außerordentlich gut! Leider ist mir die Darstellung auf dem S3 ein wenig zu klein (die alten müden Augen sind schuld) und ich würde sehr gerne auf ein IPad Pro 12.9 Zoll umsteigen. Und nun bin ich zufällig auf diesen Threat gestoßen und darf mich freuen, dass es in der (nahen?) Zukunft eine Version für das IPad geben wird. Wie man vielleicht unschwer erkennen kann komme ich aus dem kleinen Deutschland und stelle mich gerne als Betatester für die deutsche aber auch für die englische Version der App zur Verfügung. 

P.S. Ich hoffe, der Google-Übersetzer macht seine Arbeit hier einigermaßen gut Wink Mein englisch ist einfach zu schlecht  Big Grin 

LG Rudi

14.6-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra and 12.4-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab S8+ will be announced very soon.
Vielen Dank für den Tipp mit dem S8 Tab! Ich wollte eigentlich zu IOS wechseln, weil es dort doch die besseren Apps für Musiker geben soll. Wenn ich mich durch diverse Fachzeitschriften oder Foren lese, schneidet die Software für den Apfel immer sehr gut ab. Oder liege ich da falsch?
(01-04-2022, 03:37 PM)Rudi Ratlos Wrote: Vielen Dank für den Tipp mit dem S8 Tab! Ich wollte eigentlich zu IOS wechseln, weil es dort doch die besseren Apps für Musiker geben soll. Wenn ich mich durch diverse Fachzeitschriften oder Foren lese, schneidet die Software für den Apfel immer sehr gut ab. Oder liege ich da falsch?

I would never buy Apple products for various/many reasons.
But Mobile Sheets Pro is prime example there is fantastic/better world outside of Apfel lager.