• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion File Issues
(01-07-2019, 01:33 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Hello Robbie,

In order to figure out what's going on, I'm going to need a couple of details:

1) Have you disabled Settings->Storage->Let MobileSheets Manage My Files?
2) What storage location have you chosen under Settings->Storage->Set MobileSheets Storage Location?
3) What version of Android is your device running?

As far as fixing the file paths on the tablet, have you tried using Settings->Other Settings->Fix Broken File Paths? That will scan both the internal storage and (if it can properly detect it) the SD card for the files. How were you going about fixing the songs using the companion app? Were you swapping files, or were you removing and re-adding them?

Once I know all those answers, I will do my best to come up with an explanation for what might have broken the paths in the database. It would also help to know if you performed any updates to the Android OS on your device when these problems started.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

Thanks for your quick response.

1) I have disabled Settings->Storage->Let MobileSheets Manage My Files.
2) My File Storage Location is /storage/3531-6262/Songbook (This is on the external SD Card)
3) My Galaxy Tab S is running Android Version 6.0.1

I did run the Fix Broken File Paths.  This fixed around 2/3 of the problems.  (Originally 455 broken links, now 135).  To fix the problems I was "Editing" the song in the companion app.  I would delete the existing "broken" file link and add the correct file link.  At first this was showing a file path on the tablet, now it shows C:\Users\akdru\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\AH5TJTDW\%Son File%.  Somehow the Companion appears to not be associating the path of the Tablet as being on the tablet any longer.  When this happens it creates a copy of the song file with a [1] added to the file name in the .../SongBook/ directory.  Something has changed but I am unsure what.

Thanks for your assistance,

Robbie
There have been no updates to the Galaxy Tab S android version for several years unfortunately.

Messages In This Thread
Companion File Issues - by AKDrums907 - 01-07-2019, 12:52 PM
RE: Companion File Issues - by Zubersoft - 01-07-2019, 01:33 PM
RE: Companion File Issues - by AKDrums907 - 01-07-2019, 01:55 PM