• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configurable Screen mirroring to e.g. Chromecast
Unfortunately, no, it will not be possible for me to manage the Chromecast. Google did not provide a good API for broadcasting what is shown on the screen, or for rendering images. While you can mirror your tablet screen using the chromecast app, Google did not give applications a way to do that programmatically.  If I wanted to instead just stream across the rendered sheet music image, animations of any kind (including scrolling) would be a major problem. If I tried to capture the screen and stream it as video (which is not a simple thing and there is nothing in my app like that), it would potentially cause major performance issues with the level of processing involved.  If users wanted me to support just rendering an image and displaying that through chromecast, even that would be challenging. Refer to this thread: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3064...chromecast

As the reply says:

The goal of Chromecast, according to Google, is to stream content from the cloud, which is why there isn't really any native support for sending local images. Developers should be encouraged to load images on the receiver application from a server.

The Chromecast API seems to be extremely limited in what it is designed for and how it can be used. 

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Configurable Screen mirroring to e.g. Chromecast - by Zubersoft - 01-14-2019, 09:06 AM