• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configurable Screen mirroring to e.g. Chromecast
So I've done more research on this, and I understand a little more now about how you need to set everything up. It seems there is an easier way than I thought to render what you want to show on the external display. Unfortunately, it's going to be a pretty significant effort because what i need to do is duplicate a lot of the current page rendering logic but set it up to be done on the side for an external display. I think I should be able to reuse a lot of my code for how pages are drawn to the available screen area, but the part that would probably require more effort is in adding glue between the current framework and the code managing the external display. For example, when a page turn occurs on the main device, the page turn is forwarded to the code drawing to the external display so that it also shows the page change. I'd have to do that for every interaction the user can take to cause changes to occur in the display. Scrolling to me still seems like one area that may be problematic when it comes to sychronizing what is shown on the tablet to what is shown on the external display. I also have to ensure that the processing to render the external display doesn't cause the main application to slow down or become sluggish in any way.

So I do think I can eventually add support for this, but it's going to need to be after I've finished other higher priority enhancements.

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Configurable Screen mirroring to e.g. Chromecast - by Zubersoft - 01-14-2019, 06:34 PM