• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comma as Separator for CSV Import
Hello Cory,

Unfortunately, MobileSheetsPro uses a different format for its CSV files than Unrealbook, so you will have to make some slight adjustments for those files to work in MobileSheetsPro. The first line of the CSV needs to indicate the ordering of the columns of data and which field in MobileSheetsPro should be populated. So if you take an unrealbook CSV such as:

ACTUAL PROOF               ,The New Real Book Eb III.pdf,8
THE AERIE                  ,The New Real Book Eb III.pdf,9
AIN'T THAT PECULIAR        ,The New Real Book Eb III.pdf,11

You would need to add the following line at the top for MobileSheetsPro:

title;collection;pages
ACTUAL PROOF               ;The New Real Book Eb III.pdf;8
THE AERIE                  ;The New Real Book Eb III.pdf;9
AIN'T THAT PECULIAR        ;The New Real Book Eb III.pdf;11

In this instance, I'm putting the file name in the "collections" field which will group all of the songs that are created into one collection. You have to have a valid field listed for each column, and at the moment you can't list different files for different pages in a CSV file. The CSV file name must match the name of the PDF in the same directory. So you can put the filename into whatever field you want (you could use something like "years" if you don't need that field), and easily clean that up after the import if desired.

Let me know if you have questions about this. One thing I could do for a future update is if I don't see the column names in the first line, I can assume that the first entry is title, all text entries after that are ignored, and any numeric entry is the page. That would allow compatibility with indices from unrealbook.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
Comma as Separator for CSV Import - by itsme - 01-24-2019, 08:11 AM
RE: Comma as Separator for CSV Import - by itsme - 01-26-2019, 05:42 AM
RE: Comma as Separator for CSV Import - by Zubersoft - 02-23-2019, 01:18 PM