• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to share or export files from Surface Pro 6
Hello Bee,

The apps listed when you use Share are based on the "Share Charm" in Windows 10. Basically, it will only show applications you've installed off the Microsoft Store. Microsoft's model for this only allows store applications to share data or files with each other in this manner. They may have done it this way to protect the user as store apps are very limited in the kind of mischief they can cause in the operating system.

As far as the export issue, that's actually a misleading message. It's warning you about the temporary file that's going to be overwritten in the MobileSheets temporary file directory (the temporary file is what is actually uploaded). I've modified the code to prevent this from happening in the future. What I really need to do at some point is provide a warning when files on the cloud will be overwritten, but that involves making quite a few changes so it will have to wait for a later update. Normally that message doesn't show up though because the temporary file is supposed to be deleted after the upload completes. So there are only two possibilites that I can think of:

1) The upload is actually failing and the temporary file isn't being deleted. I'm not sure why you aren't seeing an error message in this case though. I haven't found a way to reproduce this problem yet. Does this same thing happen when you export other songs in your library or is it just that one? If you try to manually delete the file under C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\TempState, can you, or is the file locked?

2) The song name is different from the file name it is using and you are looking for the wrong file name. I doubt this is the problem, but I just thought I would mention it as a possibility.

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to share or export files from Surface Pro 6 - by Zubersoft - 02-07-2019, 04:47 PM