• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to copy setlist notes
How can I copy a setlist to a new setlist and have all the setlist notes be there too? I used setlist notes for last gig and found them helpful and now need to be able to create a setlist for next gig close to previous gig with notes from that gig. Thanks
It looks like copying a setlist does not currently copy the setlist notes. I can modify the code to do that for the next update.

Mike
(03-02-2019, 04:24 PM)Zuberman Wrote: It looks like copying a setlist does not currently copy the setlist notes. I can modify the code to do that for the next update.

Mike

Thanks. That would be great.
Is this still in the works?
Sorry, I dropped the ball on this. It's included in the update I'm finishing up today/tomorrow.

Thanks,
Mike
thanks for getting this done. Works great. Very useful to me.
Possibly related to this: it would really help if I could merge setlists and also copy songs from one setlist to another optionally with the setlist notes. If I'm making a new setlist for a particular band, I probably want the notes but if it's for a different band, I probably don't. Or maybe there's another way to do what I need.

The problem is that I play the same tunes with several different bands and need different notes for each band. Song notes don't work for this, of course. Setlist notes are ok, and copying a whole setlist copies the notes, too (thanks). Each band "master setlist" is quite large, so copying it and then deleting the songs I don't need for a particular performance is painful. So: I need to be able to create a new setlist that's a subset of the complete "band" setlist for a particular performance. Ideally, I could also create a new setlist by merging to setlists from other performances (like, copy setlist works now, but copying into an existing setlist).

An alternative to copying the notes would be an additional category of notes, so we'd have song notes, "band notes" and setlist notes. This would require an ability to flag a song as belonging to a particular band(s).

I have no idea, of course, how complicated either (both?) of these would be, but it would sure make my life easier if there's a way to do it!
Thanks,
Jeanne
You can do both those things with setlists. For example, go to the Setlists tab, long press a setlist to select it, then tap "Add songs to Setlist" and select the other setlist in the list. Now all the songs will be merged into one. You could also select both setlists and then tap "Create Setlist from Songs" to create a new setlist with all songs combined. You tap a setlist to view the songs, long press a song to start selection, tap every song you want to copy, then tap the three dots at the top right and tap "Add Songs to Setlist" and then select the other setlist to add them to. 

There is one other option I haven't mentioned - if you rename a setlist so that it matches the name of an existing setlist, MobileSheetsPro will ask if you want to merge them. They will then be combined. Unfortunately, this option is missing code to copy the setlist notes into the merged setlist. So that is a bug that I will have to fix.

Mike
Hmm. I just tried all of the options you suggest. In all three cases, the songs are copied but not the setlist notes. (I'm on version 2.9.6)
Thanks!
Correct - setlist notes will not currently be copied with any of those approaches. The last option (merging by renaming) will copy setlist notes after the next update.

Mike
Ah, OK. Looking forward to that update then, but it would be really nice if there was the option to copy setlist notes with all of the options. I often want to copy a subset of songs into a new setlist, sometimes with the notes and sometimes not. (If it's the same band, I want the notes. If it's a different band, then I probably don't). Something to consider?
Thanks,
Jeanne
I'll write up a feature request so that if songs that have setlist specific notes are added to a setlist using either the "Add Songs to Setlist" or "Create Setlist from Songs" approach, a checkbox will be present on the dialog that is shown to control if notes are copied. If you have a different way you'd like to see that handled, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mike
Perfect--can't wait.Thanks!
J.