• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSP on Linux
Has there been any reports of MSP being successfully run on Linux, specifically Ubuntu?
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
I haven't heard of anyone running it on Linux. I'd be interested to hear if that is even possible. 

Mike
I have tried a couple of times. IIRC, the biggest hurdle is that MSPro is tightly integrated with Google service (license checking!).
It is possible to run it under an Andoid emulator, provided it has google services.

Running it natively on linux is one of my big wishes...
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(03-14-2019, 06:51 PM)sciurius Wrote: I have tried a couple of times. IIRC, the biggest hurdle is that MSPro is tightly integrated with Google service (license checking!).
It is possible to run it under an Andoid emulator, provided it has google services.

Running it natively on linux is one of my big wishes...

I started looking into it. 
Have you looked at 'Anbox'? 
I think I read it doesn't use wifi/bluetooth yet and no google services [no playstore].
Virtualbox maybe?
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
The version sold on my store here https://zubersoft.onfastspring.com/ is not coupled with Google Play, but requires one license key per device.

Mike
Actually I am interested in Zotac's near released ZBOX PRO PI335 pico that can run Linux instead of Windows... 
Also what do you think of Windows Lite and/or the next Android's Fushia OS in terms of platform for MSP?
Windows Lite should be interesting - it says only UWP apps will be supported. MobileSheets is a UWP app, so I should be able to support that without any additional effort. Likewise, Google Fuschia will most likely support Android apps, so I might not have to do much there either. In terms of what platform I plan to support next though, it's iOS. I've gotten a lot of feedback that an iOS version is desired.

Mike
(03-18-2019, 03:57 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Windows Lite should be interesting - it says only UWP apps will be supported. MobileSheets is a UWP app, so I should be able to support that without any additional effort. Likewise, Google Fuschia will most likely support Android apps, so I might not have to do much there either. In terms of what platform I plan to support next though, it's iOS. I've gotten a lot of feedback that an iOS version is desired.

Mike

Great!
I totally like the idea that all my colleagues could use MSP on their Apple machines!
Thanks for your answer on other OSes...
I am presently looking into Android or Chromebase AIO touch hardware for weight, price, and power needs compared to Intel/Windows ones!
(03-18-2019, 03:57 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Windows Lite should be interesting - it says only UWP apps will be supported. MobileSheets is a UWP app, so I should be able to support that without any additional effort. Likewise, Google Fuschia will most likely support Android apps, so I might not have to do much there either. In terms of what platform I plan to support next though, it's iOS. I've gotten a lot of feedback that an iOS version is desired.

Mike

Yeah right, I would be one of the first to buy the iOS-version.
I obviously don't know if the Windows app is built as an Electron app, but if it is it would be trivial to also build it for Linux with Snapcraft: https://snapcraft.io/docs/electron-apps (which can be built on Windows: https://invidio.us/watch?v=7JKavx9Vpzk ).

Kind regards,

Chris
The Windows app is a C# UWP application.

Mike