• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a few Windows testers
As part of the next update for the Windows version, I have replaced the graphics rendering framework in MobileSheets in order to prevent rendering issues that have been observed on ARM devices such as the Surface Pro X. This required changing every piece of code across the entire app that does any kind of custom rendering, which includes rendering PDFs, images and text/chord pro files, annotations, the radial menu, printing, link points, and smart buttons. I have been doing side-by-side testing to ensure that this is a seamless transition, but I'd really like a few users to test these changes out to ensure I don't negatively impact any of their songs or the features they rely on. I should mention that this testing can only be done by users of the FastSpring version, as I don't have a way to distribute the Microsoft Store version for testing. 

If I can get a couple of volunteers just do a quick checkout, I would really appreciate it. I should also add that one of the major benefits of this change is that almost everything that is rendered in the Windows version should be identical to the Android version now, and I can port changes between versions with less effort, as they will use the same rendering framework now. The loading of text and chord pro files is much, much faster now as well, so it's possible to load a setlist with 50 chord pro files, for exapmle, without having a major delay before the first page is shown.

Thanks,
Mike
Seems like only downsides to installing the FastSprings version.
What downsides do you mean? The FastSpring version actually runs faster/smoother due to me not having to use .net native compiler (which Microsoft forces for the Microsoft Store), it lets you control when to install updates as there is a prompt (versus automatic updates through the Microsoft Store) and it also can't be terminated in the background as I can request additional permissions that I can't request in the Microsoft Store version. The single and only benefit of the Microsoft Store version is you can install on multiple devices - that is it. The FastSpring version can also technically access files outside the storage location which is helpful when batch importing PDFs from a folder on the device, as it can pull in audio files automatically at the same time. In the Microsoft Store version, this is only supported if you import from within the storage location.

Mike
The benefits of which you speak are not inherently obvious. A quick web search of FastSpring shows problems with license support and not working on OS upgrade or moving to a new device. A different code set and compiler makes it scary now to use the MS Store version since you seem to offer great support to your user base and I'm sure you'd resolve any license issue. Have not previously been aware of any file location issues with MS Store app but I'm not much of an MS Store supporter. BTW haven't had a problem with terminating, but I'm and old Mark Russinovich follower.
I was just searching the forum for a solution to an issue I am having with annotations using my Surface Pro 9 for ARM. I might be interested in testing, though I made my initial purchase through the MS store.
I've been doing a huge amount of testing and am nearing completion on the work, so I think I feel pretty confident that the update shouldn't cause any problems and will fix the issues on ARM devices with annotations. I've tested on both my PC, a Surface Pro 8 and a Surface Pro X. If you do want to help with some testing, I can certainly get you set up with the FastSpring version temporarily though. Do you want me to just send the information to the email address you use on the forum? If not, send an email to mike@zubersoft.com and I will reply with the info.

Thanks,
Mike
I have the fastspring Version on my Windows Arm Tablet (Hyrican StudyPad)
If you Need a Beta Tester, feel free to contact me

Regards,
Stephan
(02-28-2024, 06:06 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I've been doing a huge amount of testing and am nearing completion on the work, so I think I feel pretty confident that the update shouldn't cause any problems and will fix the issues on ARM devices with annotations. I've tested on both my PC, a Surface Pro 8 and a Surface Pro X. If you do want to help with some testing, I can certainly get you set up with the FastSpring version temporarily though. Do you want me to just send the information to the email address you use on the forum? If not, send an email to mike@zubersoft.com and I will reply with the info.

Thanks,
Mike

I would be happy to test the update, as my annotation issues are basically preventing me from using the product. If the update resolves my issue is there a way my already purchased license can be transferred? I am certainly not married to the Windows Store version; it was the only way I had of initially installing it. Please use the email address on my forum account.
Hello, I'm currently testing the trial version on a Xiaomi pad 6 tablet. It would be great to have the PC version as well if you're still looking for beta testers.
Sincerely Michel.
Hello, not knowing if my first post went through I have a doubt I repeat my request for the moment I use the trial version of mobilesheets to try obviously in the ideal would need the windows version if you are still looking for testers I am at your disposal.
Sincerely
Michel.
I'm not looking for testers anymore, but thank you for the offer. I released the update a few days ago and haven't gotten any reports of issues so far, although I'm still waiting for approval through the Microsoft Store.

Mike
(03-04-2024, 04:17 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'm not looking for testers anymore, but thank you for the offer. I released the update a few days ago and haven't gotten any reports of issues so far, although I'm still waiting for approval through the Microsoft Store.

Mike

I have the latest version and I'm thrilled to report that it solved all of the annotation issues on my Surface Pro 9 5G. Thank you for going through such a huge effort on behalf of what must be the most niche group of MobileSheets users. Bravo!
I'm so glad to hear that! Thanks so much for confirming that everything works properly now on the Surface Pro 9. Another user has reported some text issues (small differences in line height measurements and incorrect handling of certain UTF-8 characters), so I'll be releasing an update this week for that, but things otherwise seem to stable.

Mike