• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editing Predefined Genres
Hello, First many "bravo" for MobileSheets !

My question: Is there a way to edit/delete the predefined "genres" ? (I know how to edit/delete Custom genres ..)

Many thanks for you help !

Samuel
Belle-Ile en Mer
France
Currently, there is no way to delete the predefined genres. If this is something you really need, I can consider ways to accomplish this. Let me know.
Hello ! Thanks for this quick reply. If I'm the only user needing this feature, there is no urgency ..

And what about a virtual piano keyboard to let the user play a simple melody as reading a music sheet ? It can be usefull in a folk session.. There is really no urgency for that also :-)

Regards,

Samuel
France
The virtual piano keyboard is going to be very difficult due to a prevalent problem with Android devices: audio latency. Google didn't enforce minimum requirements for the audio hardware in the phones/tablets, so many devices have HUGE latency in audio playback. Some devices, even with all of the most aggressive settings, will have a delay of 50-200 ms. This is quite obvious if you use the metronome feature on a tablet like the Kindle Fire. The playback is all over the place. Once I have most of the other critical features implemented, I was going to play around with adding a keyboard, but I wanted to see if it would even be usable. It may work for some devices, so I will consider adding it if I get decent results.
Hi !

(05-14-2012, 04:15 AM)Zuberman Wrote: The virtual piano keyboard is going to be very difficult due to a prevalent problem with Android devices: audio latency.

I own a Motorola Xoom 2, and have tested some fee virtual keyboard. There is a very small latency, it is not a real problem when you just use the keyboard to produce an audible "sound shot" of a tune ..

Regards,
I tried a free bongo app and the latency was very bad. Until resolved I would not use anything with poor sync.
+1 for the possibilty of editing the Genres.

For instance in my case Mobilesheets will be used almost exclusively for Choral works....sometimes acapella, sometimes with Orchestra, sometimes with Organ, sometimes with Piano, sometimes with different instruments...you see where I'm heading.
I guess the ability to customise the genre list would solve all the issues and assist in organising the music library.

My 2c worth...Thanks
Many bravos from me too for Mobilesheets - great product!

I too would like to be able to edit the predefined genre list. I don't use any of these, only my own custom genres.

Shy
I'm not really a great fan of putting music in the genre pigeon hole - if only because it can be so difficult to do. That said, if an MS user wants to do this, the number of pre-defined genres is very limited indeed. For example, check out http://www.soundclick.com/genrelist.cfm for a list of genres that are defined by Soundclick - and Soundclick users still complain that there is no specific genre category for their particular brand of music. The whole thing is a bit of a dogs breakfast.

If anything, my vote would go towards making the MS genre category fully editable. I can think of things, this parameter might then be used for, that might have nothing to do with genre at all - that would leave its actual use entirely up to the user Smile .
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
They will be fully editable in v5.0.0. I've already set up the database to allow complete control over the list. The default list will still be there, but if you don't like it, you will be able to delete all of the default genres.
Great!
Big Grin
(09-23-2013, 04:00 AM)Zuberman Wrote: They will be fully editable in v5.0.0. I've already set up the database to allow complete control over the list. The default list will still be there, but if you don't like it, you will be able to delete all of the default genres.
Agreed, sounds like a good move to me.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here