• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Workaround for machines that experience long delays
Rod,

If you haven't disabled automatic updates for MobileSheets through the Microsoft Store, then yes, Windows 10 should eventually update that for you. I always post release notes on the forums when a new release is available, although if there are any serious reported issues, I hold off on posting the release notes until issues are resolved. There are no notifications in the app itself about updates though as Microsoft doesn't provide a way to check if an update is available on the store through their API. The version of MobileSheets that I sell through FastSpring pops up a notification whenever an update is available as in that case I'm using my own server to deliver updates.

Some users have reported much better performance with version 2.6.7.  I think the main reason some people are seeing this is that there was a problem in earlier versions where MobileSheets would iterate over all USB and bluetooth devices on the machine, and try to connect to any that were MIDI devices. This connection attempt would hang (because Microsoft's call would never time out) so it would essentially leave a processing thread in a deadlocked state. If there were enough devices that MobileSheets tried to connect to, this may have depleted a lot of the available threads in the thread pool. This would then cause delays in processing after that because the thread pool would be struggling to find available threads for handling background tasks. This is just my guess based upon the nature of the changes I made, as I added a forced timeout when connecting to MIDI devices. Let me know if 2.6.7 is any better for you.

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Workaround for machines that experience long delays - by Zubersoft - 06-15-2019, 09:16 AM