• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Workaround for machines that experience long delays
From all of the information I have gathered, the problem is mainly due to editing many songs, one after the other. Each switch in and out of the song editor screen must be causing some of issue, but in all of my investigations, I can't figure out what that might be. There doesn't appear to be any kind of significant memory leak or other obvious problems. It could be a framework issue with Microsoft's library, as there are plenty posts about leaks caused by switching between pages in a UWP application. I also see different behavior depending upon the device being used to test. I've modified my code in every way I can think of to prevent potential leaks - the song editor screen isn't recreated every time, it's reused and repopulated with the data from the new song being edited. I would think that would eliminate all potential leaks, but it's apparently not enough (if the problem is some kind of leak in Microsoft's framework). One interesting change that is coming with the annotations redesign is a switch to Win2D for the rendering of pages. This will result in significant memory savings on rendered pages and should speed things up as well. I'll be curious to see if this helps with the freezing problem after multiple edits if the issue is somehow tied to the preview of the files on the files tab. 

Let me ask this - if you don't have the Yamaha GENOS connected to MobileSheets, and you edit 10-20 songs in a row, do you still see a 30 second delay? It would be very helpful to know if the delay is related to active MIDI connections.

I don't think switching versions would fix this problem, but if you really want to go through with that (it will require a new installation and you'll have to transfer your library to that version), email me at mike@zubersoft.com.

One last question - what version of MobileSheets are you running? I just want to make sure you are on the latest version.

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Workaround for machines that experience long delays - by Zubersoft - 03-11-2020, 02:14 AM