• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donner bluetooth pedal issue
Hello,

I've been using MobileSheet for sometime now on my Surface Pro 4 and just got a Donner bluetooth pedal, so apologies if the question is silly: it seems that I am not able to assign different commands to each one of the pedal's 5 modes; in other words I can change the setting of pedal 1 and 2 in MobileSheets (as for example from page turning to scrolling) and get different behaviours, but cannot assign a specific command (like, say scroll down) to one of the pedal modes selectable via the pedal buttons and therefore have - for example - mode 1 as page turning, 2 as scrolling etc etc. I tried by changing the pedal settings in MobileSheets (assigning different pedal inputs and commands to pedal 3 and 4) but without luck, even if I change the pedal mode I get the command assigned to pedal 1 and 2 in MobileSheets. Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem with it? Hope I made myself clear. Thanks for your support!
Hello,

So, just to clarify, when you assign the keys by tapping the keys field for each pedal, the Donner pedal is sending the same key command regardless of it being in mode 1 or 2? I can't find a manual for that pedal online, so I have no idea what each mode does or how that changes the behavior. If changing the mode doesn't change the keys that it sends to MobileSheets, then you'll only ever be able to drive two actions in the application. There is nothing I can do about that I'm afraid. 

Mike
(04-17-2019, 06:45 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Hello,

So, just to clarify, when you assign the keys by tapping the keys field for each pedal, the Donner pedal is sending the same key command regardless of it being in mode 1 or 2? I can't find a manual for that pedal online, so I have no idea what each mode does or how that changes the behavior. If changing the mode doesn't change the keys that it sends to MobileSheets, then you'll only ever be able to drive two actions in the application. There is nothing I can do about that I'm afraid. 

Mike

Hello Mike,
first of all thank you very much for your quick and kind support. Then apologies for wasting your time - my bad, apparently I was doing something wrong after assigning commands to the pedal inputs (maybe quitting the pedal setting page with the back arrow button instead of the exit button?) with the results that the changes I made were not saved (and therefore not working). Now I'm able to assign a different command to each one of the modes's inputs (there are five modes with different keys: page up/dn; left/right arrow; up/dn arrow; left/right mouse click/space/enter) and everything works like a charm. Really happy to use this wonderful software to its full potential! 
Thank you again and my apologies again for wasting your time - my fail.

Gio