• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filter TEMPO
That would require a number of changes to support allowing the user to designate a range of tempos versus just picking from a list of tempos that are associated with songs in the library.  The question is whether this should be presented as a logical construct that may be unfamiliar to some users, i.e. tempo >= 80 and tempo <= 140, or if I should modify the filter UI for tempos so that you could pick a min value, and then pick a max value, and it would show all values between them. I've been considering moving the filters to a popup menu on the side (that would be shown with a hamburger button), and I think adding additional filter options like this might work better once I've added that so that there is sufficient room for the selections. The other option is to add a new mode for the search bar for advanced users that want to be able to build expressions so that they can perform comparisons on multiple fields at once. That would also make it possible to perform numerical comparisons on fields that have a numeric value.

Beyond that, I would also need to open up sorting to work on other fields such as tempo. This is all going to be a fair amount of work, so I don't know when I'll have the bandwidth to work on it. Just to verify - you are wanting to sort on tempo, and possible filter on a range, but also filter on one or more genres?

Mike

Messages In This Thread
Filter TEMPO - by actarusweb - 05-07-2019, 03:24 PM
RE: Filter TEMPO - by Zubersoft - 05-08-2019, 01:18 AM
RE: Filter TEMPO - by actarusweb - 05-08-2019, 02:56 AM
RE: Filter TEMPO - by Zubersoft - 05-08-2019, 02:12 PM
RE: Filter TEMPO - by actarusweb - 05-08-2019, 11:29 PM