• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 Notifications
Yesterday when I was playing with the group I'm in, Windows 10, bless its little heart, displayed a pop-up notification over the music I was playing, and actually covered the passage I was playing. Alas, I didn't have that memorized, so that was a problem. I looked into notification settings for Windows 10, and I found two different options. There's a place in the settings to shut off notifications for each application, that is, the application that's displaying the notification, but the application has to have displayed one before. That leaves some potential holes. Then there's the "focus assist" where you can set options for notifications based on time of day. There's an "off" option - in other words, focus assist is off and doesn't prevent the display of notifications. Then there's a "priority" option, but I don't know what notifications might be considered by Windows to be "priority". And the other option is "alarms". Not sure what might be classified as an alarm.

What bothers me is that there might be some surprise notification that pops up while I'm performing. Is there some option in Windows I'm missing? If not, is there a way for MobileSheets to, perhaps optionally, prevent all notifications from popping up while it's on the screen, at least while music is displayed full screen?
If you go to the "Notifications & actions" settings in Windows 10, you can disable "Get notifications from apps and other senders". Then you should never get notifications while viewing your scores. As far as I can tell, I don't have a way to prevent notifications from popping up over MobileSheets.

Mike