• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluetooth Pedals
I have a Galaxy Tab 10 and I would like to be able to use the Infinity USB transcription pedal I already own:

http://www.amazon.com/Infinity--USB-1-Co...nity+pedal

I bought the USB adaptor for Galaxy but have not had any luck getting MobileSheets to recognize the pedal. I'm not certain if the adaptor if defective. What should I expect to see on the tablet screen, other than "USB device connected" on the status bar?
What commands does that pedal send? MobileSheets only supports left arrow/right arrow, up arrow/down arrow, and page up/page down commands at this time. I will be adding options to support other keys later.
(01-24-2013, 09:37 AM)Zuberman Wrote: What commands does that pedal send? MobileSheets only supports left arrow/right arrow, up arrow/down arrow, and page up/page down commands at this time. I will be adding options to support other keys later.

The body of the pedal is marked "Play", the left toe button is marked "Fwd", and the right is marked "Rew". But I think each button just sends a certain code which software can then interpret as needed. My audio transcription software, Express Scribe (for Windows), allows you to redefine the buttons in many ways (swap forward and reverse, etc.)

For a score reader, I would just want the large "Play" button to advance the page, though it would be a nice bonus if the small "Rew" button could go back one page.
Unfortunately, I need to know exactly what key commands are generated when the pedal is pressed so I can process them. Without that knowledge, I'm in the dark as to what that pedal is doing when you press "FWD" or "REW". The other bluetooth pedals are essentially sending keyboard commands to my app, so it's the same as if you had a keyboard hooked up and hit page up or page down. It would be great if we can figure out if your pedal works in a similar fashion.
Wouldn't it be fairly straightforward to have the tablet wait for a keypress and then assign that key to whichever action you select?

Rather like when you reassign keys in games. Click an action (turn right), press the key you want (right arrow) and from then on the right arrow will turn right.

Maybe I'm over-simplifying it. Smile

Chris

Just trying to get around you having to hard code specific key codes to functions.
If a keypress is sent by the pedal, then yes, you are correct, I can just wait for the keypress and assign it. Once I rework the pedal stuff, and allow user defined actions, this is most likely how I will do it.
Has anyone had trouble with their pageflip cicada? I've had mine for a couple weeks. At first it was acting fine but now after it connects to my tablet the light stops flashing and it doesn't work. Wondering what I might be doing wrong.
Any idea on when you might add start/stop support for pedals if we were to assign an mp3 file to a piece of music? I would love to get the BT-105 with the 4 pedal Boss setup and use 2 pedals for page turning and 2 for start/stop. I was getting ready to order them but I checked here first and noticed that the support wasn't added at this time.

Would there be a workaround for this? In other words, could an mp3 be assigned to automatically start playing when I flip to another piece of music? Forgive me, but I haven't played around with mp3's and Mobilesheets yet.

Thanks for any help!
I also bought a 4 pedal device, so I'm anxious to add these features. I have to focus on one thing at a time though (if possible), so I'm trying to finish up the new display mode changes first. After that, I have a number of things I can choose from... Pedals will probably be one of those things.

Mike
Regarding the program recognising "left arrow/right arrow, up arrow/down arrow, and page up/page down commands" from a Bluetooth device, is it enabled for all those simultaneously? i.e. Either left arrow or page up will have the same effect, at any time?
Yes, that is correct.
As a classical pianist (now also doing some jazz and entertaining), I am rather descerning about the pedals.
I've ordered the cicada and I must admit that for my purposes (don't feel offended, please) I can only laugh about this little plastic toy something if I had to combine it with a steinway grand.
And I had to pay 84 € for this gadget. (It goes back immediately)
Above all it makes clicking noises which is of course a no-go for pp passages.Dodgy.
So I will try now the airturn module only and buy extra piano pedals. (The airturn set with pedals doesn't seem to be much better than cicada)

Next gigs I will definitely play with tablet.Cool

PS: I hope bluetooth will work reliably, I hope airturn will work at all with my tablet with its one button for settings.
Bili pro pageturner is an alternative to bluetooth, but I heard it making noises as well on youtube.
I will bring enough music on paper and in mind with me as a backup. Big Grin

Any comments welcome!
Content with: Blaupunkt Endeavour 13.3, Airturn Duo (august 2020)

Be aware the Bilipro requires a full size usb powered port.
"Q: Connect to Android tablets, eReaders?
A: At this time, we are aware of the Musicsheets app by Zubersoft for Android tablets, however, your tablet must have a standard USB port (with power) to make use of our Page-Up/Down pedal. Due to the various sizes of Android tablets, there are issues with pagination that we cannot support."
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Billpro is working pretty well with me. I had to buy a female USB to male micro USB adapter. These were quirky (but, luckily they are inexepensive). So worked, some didn't.

But, with two different adapters, the Billpro pedal seems to be working well (knock on wood) with both my Toshiba Excite 13" and my (back up) Hannspree 13".

(01-17-2014, 12:05 AM)Skip Wrote: Be aware the Bilipro requires a full size usb powered port.
"Q: Connect to Android tablets, eReaders?
A: At this time, we are aware of the Musicsheets app by Zubersoft for Android tablets, however, your tablet must have a standard USB port (with power) to make use of our Page-Up/Down pedal. Due to the various sizes of Android tablets, there are issues with pagination that we cannot support."
'With power' are probably the key words.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12